For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Currently: Another day closer to winter!
oldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default XM add ons - need advice

Looking to put some add ons on a 2014 summit XM. How important is it to put a belly pan on it? Which one is better? The extreme or the standard skidoo belly pan? I know the differences are size, but want to know other sledders thoughts. Also, should I put the grip n rip bracing on it as well? I have heard both positive and negatives about the bracing. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Currently: Not set.
Premium Member
Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,618 Posts
winter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond reputewinter brew has a reputation beyond repute

If you do a skid plate, do the skinny one, the wider ones hold snow which can lock up the steering if it gets heavy or icy.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winter brew For This Useful Post:
Devilmanak (10-13-2015), oldstyle33 (10-08-2015), ryanjeri (10-24-2015), wyobob44 (10-15-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Currently: Cmon Pow
tkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond reputetkuss has a reputation beyond repute

I would say yes to both. When riding down a snow covered gravel road last year, I nailed a 10" diameter rock or so with a sk at 20-30 mph. It flung me off the sled and cause my sled to roll a few time. I had the racewerx bumper/smod brace system, and the gnr upper arm and emod brace. Much to my suprise none of the a arms nor the smod were tweaked at all. I was probably more lucky than anything, but I say yes to bracing. Also like brew said, get the extreme skid plate...

The Following User Says Thank You to tkuss For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-08-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Basic Member
RevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond reputeRevXRider has a reputation beyond repute

I would put a plate on for any boonedocking. I u the extreme ski plate which is the little one. Doesn't anything to speak of for snow

The Following User Says Thank You to RevXRider For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Basic Member
Spiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond reputeSpiced Wafer has a reputation beyond repute

i went with the bigger skid plate to protect all of it, not just the belly pan. but that is just what i like. i have never owned a sled that didn't have a belly pan protection. i hit to much stuff

The Following User Says Thank You to Spiced Wafer For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

I use 8" skis for better flotation helps a lot gliding over obstacles instead of hitting them. Also take a grinder to the carbides and smoothen out the first 1/2 inch to a super smooth approach angle so that they will not hook on any rocks but glide over them. Those 2 mods take care of 75% of front end issues for me and my Gal. Also save 5 pounds worth of bracing. Stuff can always happen but this does take care of all the small stuff, if you hit a big stump or rock at any kind of speed straight on stuff just bends no matter how many braces you have on.
My Skis are also very flexible on the tip that helps as well

The Following User Says Thank You to powdermuncher For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Basic Member
fluent420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstyle33 View Post
Looking to put some add ons on a 2014 summit XM. How important is it to put a belly pan on it? Which one is better? The extreme or the standard skidoo belly pan? I know the differences are size, but want to know other sledders thoughts. Also, should I put the grip n rip bracing on it as well? I have heard both positive and negatives about the bracing. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
extreme skid plate ...fat ones for flotation
hd torsion springs are a must
gnr bracing for sure.
pre filter kit stops snow from entering the motor
motts machining quick clickers no tools required once installed
hps can sounds so sweet

The Following User Says Thank You to fluent420 For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Currently: Need Snow!!!!!!
rocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond repute

I put over 2200mi on my 13XM, G&R braces, no skid plate and no damage, maybe I'm lucky but I very rarely hit stuff. I also put on rail stiffeners and the heavier rear susp. springs for jumping. I also run the Polaris Gripper skis. I will be running G&R braces, rail stiffeners, and heavier rear susp. springs and a special spring loaded Ft. bumper on my 16 T-3.
"84" Phazer 121 (kids) Yep he has 2 sleds

The Following User Says Thank You to rocks rev For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Currently: Pretty fly for a white guy.
Luke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond reputeLuke The Drifter has a reputation beyond repute

I put a BRP skid plate on mine (the bigger one), no issues with ice or snowbuild up. I definitely recommend a front screen/prefilter kit to keep snow out of the engine bay. I tagged a rock last year and bent my s-mod and spindle. I replaced the spindle and I'm going to leave the s-mod for now since I don't find it to be a huge issue. Would grip n' rip braces helped? Probably, when I repair it, they'll be getting installed for sure.

x2 on the quick clickers as well, they make life a lot easier for changing snow and elevation conditions.

My sled is loud and has stickers on it, therefore it goes faster.

"The West is the best, get here and we'll do the rest"- Jim Morrison

Ride smart, ride safe. Got avalanche training?
www.avalanche.ca

The Following User Says Thank You to Luke The Drifter For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (10-12-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Basic Member
Flatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond reputeFlatland800R has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget a better front bumper. Stocker is useless for deflecting anything bigger than a pencil. Clutch kit #2. Grip n rip braces are just for that warm fuzzy feeling and a little bit of insurance, don't want to bend anything? stick to the trail and go slow.

For the standard ski do skid plate use bolts and big washer on the front, rivets don't last.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Currently: Ermagurd
Thanked 1,032 Times in 628 Posts
Devilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devilmanak For This Useful Post:
black swan (11-19-2015), oldstyle33 (11-19-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Currently: ..current
Goinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Goinboardin For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (11-19-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Currently: Bummer season for me
Covelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond reputeCovelli44 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Covelli44 For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (11-19-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Currently: Waiting for Snow!
R44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond reputeR44guy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to R44guy For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Currently: Another day closer to winter!
oldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond reputeoldstyle33 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Currently: waiting out summer
Tahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Tahoepow For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Currently: TrackShare.com
camoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant futurecamoman has a brilliant future

Click Here to Register

Old 11-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Basic Member
granto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond reputegranto has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Currently: Breathing
Basic Member
BoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond reputeBoonDockinSummit has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Currently: Ermagurd
Thanked 1,032 Times in 628 Posts
Devilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Devilmanak For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (12-01-2015)
Old 11-30-2015, 06:57 AM
Basic Member
Cowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond reputeCowboy357 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy357 For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (12-01-2015)
Old 11-30-2015, 11:53 AM
never_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond reputenever_summer_ind has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to never_summer_ind For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 PM
sledslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to sledslayer For This Useful Post:
oldstyle33 (12-01-2015)