For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
duggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond reputeduggyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pre Season Add Ons

Well i need to start gathering a few things to get the bike ready for winter and have some questions

bike is a 2011 Husaberg FE570

1. The bike has a Thermostat but do i need to change the core to something different?

2.What hand warmers do you all recommend to keep a thin bar feel? like a snowmobile. I know my stator can handle them fine.

3.Front fork i think i have figured out already going to get re-valved and resprung

4.What seat do you all recommend?

5.Air filter sock? who makes one for the Husaberg filter?

6. Any guys running the manual cam tension-er in the winter? or had problems with the hydraulic one?

Thanks
Dustin

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Currently: Not set.
Tride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond reputeTride has a reputation beyond repute

The thermostat is probably fine. If you are finding gas in your oil you might want a higher temp stat and engine shrouding (you'll know if you have gas getting by the rings. You'll want to change your oil every other ride. Rotella is fine).

I ride without. Don't want icy gloves, and you've got a 4-stroke hand warmer at the end of your exhaust. I've had good experience with the Tusk $20 set from Rocky Mountain on the dirt bike, and a lot of guys like the AME, but it's pricey.

Go stiff on the fork springs (depending on year of kit. Older kits have a lot of ski pressure). You probably don't need a revalve for winter.

Enduro Engineering or Seat Concepts($$$ but nice) for a seat.

Outerwears has filter covers I believe. Timbersled sells them too.

People seem to be going for the aftermarket manual cam tensioner. Just got a Husky 450, so no plans yet.

Rate this post: Yes | No