• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Link I Found! Help oppose more wilderness areas.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Seth, your letters are on the way!

Your email to Sen. Maria Cantwell (D WA) sent!
Your email to Sen. Patty Murray (D WA) sent!
Your email to Rep. Doc Hastings (R WA-4) sent!
Your email to President Barack Obama sent!

Did you know?

You are the 180th person from Washington to sign this petition!

:D

Don't waste your time submitting a comment now during the 112th Congress on HR980. That bill was valid for this issue during the 111th Congress which ended at the end of 2010. Here is the current HR980 bill:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr980ih/pdf/BILLS-112hr980ih.pdf
H.R.980
Latest Title: To amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to make local funds of the District of Columbia for a fiscal year available for use by the District at the beginning of the fiscal year at the rate of operations provided under the local budget act for the fiscal year if the regular District of Columbia appropriation bill for a fiscal year does not become law prior to the beginning of such fiscal year.
Sponsor: Rep Norton, Eleanor Holmes [DC] (introduced 3/9/2011) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/9/2011 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

And yes, the issue was posted before by me, over two years ago during the 111th Congress when the bill number for this issue was still valid:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134048&highlight=hr980

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Thanks for clarifying this topic CleElum SledHead... I checked out the KLIM website a little closer and found the following.....

THIS BILL IS ALREADY DEAD LEGISLATION

Linked from the KLIM website under Read more about H.R. 980

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-980

H.R. 980:

Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act
111th Congress

This is a bill in the U.S. Congress originating in the House of Representatives ("H.R."). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate and then be signed by the President before it becomes law.

Bill numbers restart from 1 every two years. Each two-year cycle is called a session of Congress. This bill was created in the 111th Congress, in 2009-2010.

This bill never became law. This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books. Members often reintroduce bills that did not come up for debate under a new number in the next session.

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
Just got this back from our senator! Maybe still signing it will keep them aware of our feelingsw on this issue! Doesn't hurt to spend a few minutes to tell em!

Dear Shawn,
Thank you for contacting me about the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act. This bill did not pass the Senate. If it is reintroduced for the 112th Congress, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.
I am always interested in hearing about what is on the minds of Montanans, and I appreciate your insight and perspective on this legislation. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Jon Tester
United States Senator

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
77th person from Colorado to sign this. I think there are more than 77 riders in Colorado, so get your a$$es in gear and sign this ASAP!!!!!

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I love getting responses back : )

March 28, 2011​

Dear Edward,

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 980, the "Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act." It is good to hear from you.

I understand your concerns with H.R. 980. This legislation was introduced by a Congresswoman from New York and most of the co-sponsors represent districts east of the Mississippi River. It is a prime example of how legislators in Washington, D.C. want to tell people in Wyoming how to manage our lands.

H.R. 980 would lock-up over 24 million acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming and could be potentially devastating to the West's ability to fight and prevent forest fires. This legislation has been referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources. Should a similar measure be considered in the Senate during the 112th Congress, I will do everything in my power to oppose it.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact me. I hope to hear from you in the future.

John Barrasso, M.D.
United States Senator

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Goes to show, even if that bill is dormant, it doesn't hurt to keep CONSTANT communication with our elected leaders.

Again, thanks for the link :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features