• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do Radium GTX boots compare to Velocity boots?

I finally sold my old sled, so now spending $250 on boots isn't such a crazy idea. I've asked you guys before which Klim boots to buy, and most everyone directed me to the Adrenalines. I tried on a pair at the denver snow show, and honestly they seemed a bit narrow to me.

My previous pair of boots was the older Klim Velocity model. I really want to find something just like them or very similar, so I'm leaning toward the Radium GTX because they seem stiff like the Velocity. I talked to a guy at Vicory in denver, and he said last years Radium had kind of a forward stance that he felt was kind of uncomfortable. He said Klim has told him that they changed the design a bit for this year so that problem has been corrected.

I need something that's going to wear minimally because I guide snowmobile tours four days a week and ride with a group of crazy guys the rest of the time. I know I'm going to go through a pair of boots a season, but it's important they last the entire season.

I was wondering if anyone out there is wearing the new Radium and how they compare to the Velocity? I'm leaning toward Klim, but if there's another brand out there that's as good I'd be willing to give that a shot too.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Radiums are sweeet ! Very warm, but keep your feet dry ! A little stiffer than the Adrenalins but I like them more ! Klim is the way !

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i just ordered the hmk against my better judgment? i liked the looks of the hmk and the boa part of the boot but the klim are waterproof guarntee

Premium Features