• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kids on snowbikes

Brian Hugen

Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
My son, who is 10, rides a KTM 350sxf with a Timbersled 120. He rocks on this bike in the Colorado mountains - including big and steep hill climbs, traversing across 45 degree slopes through the trees and jumping. He had a ripper and it had no power or traction. Young kids can ride full size bikes.

Luke 3.jpg

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
We had several youngsters ride the full size bikes , and they do very well.

Just be careful -- they can ride them well long before they have the physical size to pick them up or get out of a bad stuck. So if you take them on a full-size bike
you need to keep them in sight and ride right with them especially when the train gets gnarly.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Every time this subject comes up I get unreasonable feelings of negativity about my own parents.

I know huh? I bought my first dirtbike at age 12 from money I made mowing lawns and had to hide it over at a friends house.
I bought my daughter a dirtbike when she turned three!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Not trying to rain on anyones Parade A halve sized kid can just not pick up a 300 pound snowbike when up to the waist in powder. That is all I am saying -- by all means let them ride -- ride with them have fun with them , they will just need a bit of assistance when down and out -- like so many of us.

A good summer to all will see you with the next build next fall.

Last edited:
Premium Features