• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

elk river

elk river riding.....

Elk River is a very easy and fun place to ride. Great terrain of all types other then steep mountain chutes, yet easy as all the trails are very well marked and if you stop in the huckleberry haven which I assume you may be staying at they will give you a map of all the groomed trails which are all labeled with letters as they are on the trail heads. Many of the trails travel in loops which come back towards elk river. The best places to ride IMO is the upper basin area and elk butte , hemlock butte (but thats reserved for me!) You guys will be fine and have a blast. They'll be lots of riders along the trail you can talk to as well. No worries and nothing up there is really too bad or anything that will get you into trouble as a newbe to the area.

We'll be there sat. am w/a group of about 15. Guys/wifes probably around 10am in the parking lot by the air strip if interested but IMO you'll really just have more fun with you and your son up there as it is mostly just right off the trail boondocking and playing, not alot of secrets to be told. Just find the areas with the least people and tear up the clearcuts, etc.... Have fun guys hope this helped a little anyhow......

M
Dec 31, 2007
Hey snowdad. I finally got the 144 track on my srx. Took it out riding on the 30th seems to work pretty good except for getting stuck in 4' of powder by Haugen MT. Dang sled hasnt lost any weight. That can you gave me sounded great. Son had surgery on the 31st so he wont be sledding for a while. So I'm going to clean the clutches and adjust the suspension for my weight. Hopefully I will be able to go out some more soon.

Premium Features