• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Mountain Cat... New tank, new seat?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So hypothetically if I was to sell my 850 and buy a Mountain Cat, I don't think I could deal with just how hideous that stock seat is. I realize they changed the fuel cell to hold more and weigh less, but does this mean the seat and it's mount have changed also? I like the WRP seat for the 17's, but unsure if the 2017 and 2018 seats are interchangeable. Anybody know for sure?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
They both leave something to be desired, but that Cat seat that looks like an old worked over BOSS seat makes the Doo seat seem downright sexy. So I take it you don't know?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
You care what a seat looks like? Go to an upholstery shop and have it dyed or re-covered. As far as a functional stand point, Ive never had an issue with the newer seats. Just dont understand why they went away from the big storage seat like I have on my 16. Way better.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You guys crack me up. I'm sorry I called your precious seat ugly. But it is. If you can't just answer the question, keep your lips off my thread. lol. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not going to let you sourpusses ruin my mood, I'm stoked to be back on a Cat!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
seat

So hypothetically if I was to sell my 850 and buy a Mountain Cat, I don't think I could deal with just how hideous that stock seat is. I realize they changed the fuel cell to hold more and weigh less, but does this mean the seat and it's mount have changed also? I like the WRP seat for the 17's, but unsure if the 2017 and 2018 seats are interchangeable. Anybody know for sure?

The part # are the same for the snopro from 17 to 18. I cant find a parts listing for the 18 MC. If I were to bet, there is no change.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
You guys crack me up. I'm sorry I called your precious seat ugly. But it is. If you can't just answer the question, keep your lips off my thread. lol. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not going to let you sourpusses ruin my mood, I'm stoked to be back on a Cat!

Little sensitive there. This is a public forum and I'll say whatever I want on here. Was just trying to give you some advise.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Little sensitive there. This is a public forum and I'll say whatever I want on here. Was just trying to give you some advise.

I'm about the least sensitive guy on these forums, don't worry cupcake, I'm not offended. Thanks for the "advise", whatever that is. I don't think a different cover wrapped over the seat and still screwed to the tunnel like a 90's aftermarket seat will do it for me. Just personal preference. There are a few things on the new cat that I can't believe they still use actually. Their seat is just one thing they could easily update. The brake light? Come on guys, it looks like a complete afterthought. Obviously I don't care all that much about the aesthetics of the sled, I bought one. But there are a few things that Cat could easily do to keep up with the fit and finish of the other Mfg's. What's really important, the way the sled performs, they have a firm grasp on.

Long story short, I'm not brand loyal, I don't drink the koolaid, I ride what I think is best for me at the time. You'll probably be seeing more of me in here, try not to get offended, I just tell it like it is. Or at least the way I think it is.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Oh don't worry I don't get offended. It was difficult to read into your original post if you were not liking the function or the colors on the seat. Thus why I gave you my advise on how to change the color. Brake light is an after thought for sure, but it is what it is. Could be changed but I dont see the reason to dump money into it

Bar controls are worse. They've had the same bulky plastic breaking $hit for 10 years now. Speedwerx is coming out with a super slick setup for next year that minimizes all that clunky crap. And it's a real good price too. My dealer has already ordered 10 sets of them because the demand is already so high.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I agree, the bar controls suck, the function of the seat sucks if your short, hop overs are a chore... if your a taller guy there not a issue....just my opinion for what it matters :)

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oh don't worry I don't get offended. It was difficult to read into your original post if you were not liking the function or the colors on the seat. Thus why I gave you my advise on how to change the color. Brake light is an after thought for sure, but it is what it is. Could be changed but I dont see the reason to dump money into it

Bar controls are worse. They've had the same bulky plastic breaking $hit for 10 years now. Speedwerx is coming out with a super slick setup for next year that minimizes all that clunky crap. And it's a real good price too. My dealer has already ordered 10 sets of them because the demand is already so high.

Agree completely on the brake light, not worth the hassle either way. I actually love the gray of the early release, so the colors really weren't an issue for me. The seat just looks... clunky? Decker, I'm a tall dude, but I still like the lower seat, they just make sense for everyone IMO. And the handlebar controls, don't get me started LOL. I'll be ordering up the Speedwerx kit ASAP.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
maybe sooner then later cat will fix the bars
face-icon-small-happy.gif
as for the seat im not sure haha

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I've run the WRP seat on a number of my cats, way better than the cat stock seat for sure. I'm pretty sure, although not 100%), the 16/17 non ES mountain cat seat will be the same as the 18. Problem is, no one has seen the 18' light weight MC gas tank. We are just guessing the dimentions will be the same, just thinner plastic.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I went through 3 WRP seats under warranty, didnt like it so after last replacement sold it quik

and that cat fish gaping hole on the 850,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no thanks lol

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I went through 3 WRP seats under warranty, didnt like it so after last replacement sold it quik

and that cat fish gaping hole on the 850,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no thanks lol

I have had pretty good luck with my WRP seat, finally ripped it this yr, think one of guys in this thread was on that ride. I am impressed with it overall, nothing would of held up to what ripped mine. Put a 5$ patch on it and rode it the rest of the yr. I don't ever sit on it though..

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Whoa.......... Speedwerx doing a handle bar package?!!? Details. I feel I have solid google skill, but can't seem to find anything.

Help?!

EDIT: Never mind I found it. Anybody have pricing numbers?

Last edited:

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have had pretty good luck with my WRP seat, finally ripped it this yr, think one of guys in this thread was on that ride. I am impressed with it overall, nothing would of held up to what ripped mine. Put a 5$ patch on it and rode it the rest of the yr. I don't ever sit on it though..

I've had a couple of them on different sleds. Always had good luck. They are light, don't hold moisture, are nice and low, look nice and have a tacky feel to them so if you use your knees on it they don't slide around.

We get it Dave, you wear green underwear and swing from Arctic's nutsack. Typical brand loyal minion, nothing of value to add, when backed into a corner just bash the competition's looks. LOL

Premium Features