• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M8000 pic and spec's

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
At least with the Cat controls on the handle bars you wont be famous on YouTube like the Polaris rider I think that stopped to talk to his buddies and another guy rode by and hit his reverse switch and when they took off the guy pinned it went over the front of his sled.

https://youtu.be/7BPt4UQAd7k

One of the single greatest moments in snowmobiling.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
To each his own on the controls, hated them on the console on my pro's, at night in the dark you could never find them to turn on or off the warmers or the highbeams. I want mine on my bars so I can find and use them without taking my hands off.

Controls on the bars are great... Bulky prehistoric controls that were designed by play school PlaysKool engineer... Ehhhhhh not so much.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
The #1 reason I won't disconnect my backup beeper

I used to think the beeper was stupid, but after several times of watching people without one kissing the hood wouldn't want to be without it. Too easy to forget which direction your in when having to forward then reverse several times, then having to get off and yank a ski or pack snow then jump back on and think you are in forward and bam, you're not:)

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
These Early bird 18's aren't the same as what will be released with the rest of the 18 sleds. You won't be able to get a sled like these other than the few that are being released early. There are other upgrades coming for the spring release. These early release sleds aren't even that great of a shock package. Back to a IFP 1.5 on the front track. I will be waiting till snow check season myself.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2018 pic

Looks like there's a sneak peak in the back ground of the grey sled.

That pic shows how much they narrowed up the body work.

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
still looks a little fat down low?
side panels gotta be a huge improvement. how about those giant hood scoops, are those needed? looks like a tall order for the frog skinz.
i like it.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
how about those giant hood scoops, are those needed? looks like a tall order for the frog skinz.

That's all I keep thinking too. More trail sled cooling.

Last edited:
S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
10% narrower is a marketing gimmick to me. If the body is 35" wide that's only 1.75" narrower per side, and they could have taken more out of one side than the other. I'd like to see actual numbers. My frankenstiened Nytro is under 33" wide at the widest points and that's a 3 cyl with an oil tank. Oem's could build sleds super narrow if they wanted. If I moved my motor over a little I could get under 31".

N
Sep 16, 2012
What a bunch of Debbie downers, Cat gives you guys a great sled with an all new engine and you cry like little girls! Are your lives that bad that all you can do is hate on everything??? Must be pretty sad...

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It must be even worse to be so dense that you confuse honest discussion with complaining.

No one's given anyone a free sled yet so when it comes to forking over 13k for something, it should be pretty obvious that you should investigate it a little. That's not pocket change for most people.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
so LED headlight on a snowcheck sounds like. kinda cheap to not put them on all these "new platforms" but at least its a step i guess. i wonder if it will mount up to my proclimb..

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
so LED headlight on a snowcheck sounds like. kinda cheap to not put them on all these "new platforms" but at least its a step i guess. i wonder if it will mount up to my proclimb..

Don't get me started! :)

Someone over on Arcticchat did add the LED light to their ZR4000 I believe, it took some work but they did do it with some custom brackets to mount the housing. I am thinking the LED light harness for the RS6000 Skime and other new 2stokes with the LED should be the same (Hopefully not requiring the cutting, splicing, etc....). Hopefully it plugs into the main harness the same as the halogen connection? The only thing is that someone may also have to buy that piece the housing mounts too, unless they were kind to us and made a universal piece to market the LED housing as an add-on accessory, but I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

-Stack

Premium Features