• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Start on T3?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I just found out something interesting about Doo start kits. The one main one they sell fits most everything. However, if you get a sled with Estart from the factory, you cannot remove it and sell the "kit" to anyone. The wiring is built into the factory harness on factory equipped sleds. The solenoid looks different, the battery cradle uses bolts into rivnuts that are installed on the sled, so you would need nuts also. I was bummed that I could not get my XRS without e-start, I can take it off but I cannot sell it as a kit to anyone. :(

E

eman0993

Aug 19, 2009
Duluth, MN
I just found out something interesting about Doo start kits. The one main one they sell fits most everything. However, if you get a sled with Estart from the factory, you cannot remove it and sell the "kit" to anyone. The wiring is built into the factory harness on factory equipped sleds. The solenoid looks different, the battery cradle uses bolts into rivnuts that are installed on the sled, so you would need nuts also. I was bummed that I could not get my XRS without e-start, I can take it off but I cannot sell it as a kit to anyone. :(

That's weird I see them for sale all the time. And people installing with zero issues

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The kit does plug right in, but not when I pulled it off my 600 XRS. The harness that plugs in with the kit isn't there when pulling it off my XRS, the little harness is part of the main wiring harness on that sled, as it came with Estart. Maybe the Summits or 800's are different.

E

eman0993

Aug 19, 2009
Duluth, MN
I just installed e-start on my t3 last night. Everything plugged in. Was really easy had it done in just a couple hours. Took my time and had a couple beers. The harness was already wired into the sled. Plug and play.

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
the nice thing about these not being a factory instal, is that it comes with a pull rope. so if your battery dies in the middle of the day, or it's toooooo cold in the morning and the electric start won't work, your not stuck...you can pull and go.

my dealer installed my e start for me...yeah, i'm lame, but i didn't have to deal with it...

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
However, if you get a sled with Estart from the factory, you cannot remove it and sell the "kit" to anyone. The wiring is built into the factory harness on factory equipped sleds. The solenoid looks different, the battery cradle uses bolts into rivnuts that are installed on the sled, so you would need nuts also.:([/QUOTE]

So what your saying on factory e-start, you have to cut the wiring harness to take it off, which makes it useless or would have to splice it in? Great, I just put an offer on a new take-off e-start. Thanks for the info

Premium Features