• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Pro RMK??

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Maybe they are going to bring back the old 866 and call it the 850 to sneak it by LOL

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Yup, same motor at 910 cc would do over 15 more ponies, why on earth they are all stuck on 800cc is amazing to me. :face-icon-small-dis do a 1000 twin, just a little more bore and stroke..bingo 185+ hp pump gas, but if it were me i'd just tack on a third jug, bam 1200cc triple done deal :) they already have the watercraft cranks and cases done, and they pass emmissions no sweat
Bigger displacement ? Remember the Polaris 900 and the Ski Doo RT1000. They both had a kick at that can and didnt turn out to well. That was a anniversary to forget....

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
both those sleds were pigs, plain and simple...try riding a carls 910,brads 1200 or my old slp 903 in a pro chassis, let me tell you 200 hp in a pro feels pretty dang good.

S
Oct 16, 2008
both those sleds were pigs, plain and simple...try riding a carls 910,brads 1200 or my old slp 903 in a pro chassis, let me tell you 200 hp in a pro feels pretty dang good.

Why don't they just contract Struthers and build a special edition 900 ?? At least we know it would work.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
The current CFI package is the simplest engine management system in any of the 800's. Lots of room for improvements to add HP and keep EPA or warranty happy.

1st. Tighten QC for the motor engineers.
Keep bores true, clearances correct and chamfer ports before plating. Let this work be done by techs and not just employees.
Let FUJI dictate the tolerances and specs on a new long rod "pork chop" crank and don't let the beancounters change them.
Let a tech finish the crankcases so the little oil that comes in stock gets to the places that it was designed to get to.
Kinda an Indy Dan motor with a lighter crank.

2; Then the engineers can bring the motor from the eighty's and into the 2000's plus 10 or 15yrs. They can raise the exhaust ports, increase transfer timing and keep the driveabilty and torque with multi stepping and valving of the exh. valves.
Put a chip in the 'puter that is bigger than the one in their watches and control break-in, warm up. over exertion from add-ons so this tighter, more powerful and EPA legal motor will live in the hands of the masses.
3; With the "new" Pentium lol chip the engineers could add a new parameter and put a 2 stroke "secret" to use that would put them on top of the mountain HP scene until it was copied. They could enter pipe pressure and keep it constant which would further tighten EPA measured emission specs and tighten their elevation clutching specs to improve the transfer of the higher HP to the track.
Don't need this except for elevation changes in the small mountain market.

Nothing new, no wheels re-invented, less reciprocating mass to keep it flickable, about a couple three lbs more mass partially off set by the crank weight and a 'putor smart enough to save the warranty department in picture analyzing and e-mail reading and opinionated responses because the new memory function does the analysing for the techs and warranty reps.
MH mentioned "what the consumer will pay" but as a consumer I like to think it's more like "what the manufacturer is willing to spend". Some buy and ride stock. Some buy and spend the rest of the cash in their wallet for a couple of extras. Some buy used and keep it running. Some pay 12 grand and drop it off for another 15 in goodies.
I say make it and we will buy it or save up and get a used one.

One more old thing I'd like to see come back is "Customer is always right". Ok, that might make it too expensive lol.

I "studded my track" yesterday so I can ride more and type less lol.

Last edited:
Premium Features