• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"$28 Upgrade" parts list

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Do you know what the price is? And does it come with the thermostat washer?

I just returned to the Great old USA.
I don't know what his kit price is.
The kit comes complete with the thermostat washer and plug for the unused port. I made them for the kits before I left the states.

fastlane

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
southern Minnesota
I had a big power grip clamp kit at my shop, it had all the sizes, so I didn't need to order but I called napa and it sounded like he had to buy ten at a time? I checked around and I can buy the power grip clamps from speedway motors individually for 3.99 each. Just go to www.speedwaymotors.com and search gates power grip they all come up.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I purchased all the parts to add this upgrade to my 2011 standard RMK, not sure about these hose clamps though? Do you just heat them up with a heat gun? How hot do you need to get them?

W

Wild_Canuck

Mar 5, 2012
Ontario Canada
Just installed this mod on the Assault, I went with the hose clamps that are on the sled from factory, big $$ diff. 36cents/each vs $5/each. Total price was only $73. Cant wait for the snow.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone bought just the plug or does anyone have the dimension for the plug.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have not even rode mine since installing the kit and the cap is starting to show signs of splitting . As of now I just used a zip ty until I got the plug built and than I was going to use the heat shrink clamp. I did this upgrade last spring after riding season.
I would love the dimension of the plug so I can turn one out .

U
Nov 29, 2007
plug

I have not even rode mine since installing the kit and the cap is starting to show signs of splitting . As of now I just used a zip ty until I got the plug built and than I was going to use the heat shrink clamp. I did this upgrade last spring after riding season.
I would love the dimension of the plug so I can turn one out .

I was wondering if I could thread a allen head brass pipe plug in there first then put the rubber cap on it? I will let you know how that goes.

Premium Features