• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powder light turbo good or bad

R
Oct 15, 2011
casper wy
I'm thinking about buying a powder lighter turbo used its on a apex. is it a good turbo I like to do a lot of boondocking they have no interest and blowing up the motor.

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
The turbo setup is nearly same as alpine, but what it boils down to is the fuelling system, assuming it has the rb3 fuel injection which seems to have not gained much popularity due to complexity, if you run good fuel and the box has the proper map for your riding conditions, blowing engines is not an issue.

If you can score the kit cheap throw a boost it fuel injection setup you will have nothin but permagrin

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
i run one for 4 yrs on my nytro w the rb3 its been flawless but i am not really happy with the rb3 to complex and not too many people have them so no help as far as mapps

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Who said it has a rb3? It most likely has a dobec on it. Anyway if your looking at buying it check the header for cracks or welds where it has cracked and been patched. Check clutches for wear and do a leak down test. That kit works well as far as performance goes. Although I'm not a fan of the header design

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Mine runs great. I would put a Boost-it fuel system on it. The only issue I have had with mine is the header cracking. Not sure if I have a "bad" header or what the deal is.

P
Feb 6, 2012
The kit itself is great. Good performance and very low turbo lag. However if it is rb3 get rid if that ASAP If money is not a problem. Call Martin in Quebec and put a motec system on. More expensive but well worth it with the amount of options you can add to it. Happy riding. Nothing pulls like an apex

Premium Features