• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE... PREDICTIONS... RUMORS.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Did I mention long rods? A long rod with steel inserts in the cylinders for the exhuast vavles to stop against it could possibly be the most dependable 2 stroke on the market.

H
Feb 8, 2008
Sorry about the bad reb Paul, I got big thumbs!! IMO poo needs to do the smart thing and only work on there engine design! If they contacted Indy Dan, PAR, or rkt I'm sure they could learn a few things! That's the only major problem I have with a poo right now. All this talk about clearance for 3" tracks is a hoop dream and I don't think we will see a 4stroke until they find another engine builder. Oh almost forgot BNG for sure!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The only thing I think we'll see engine-wise is a DI motor, but if in 2014, it may be only in the 600. Perhaps they'll screw that up, too. Face the facts, they've got a great thing going from us now, and they know it. They are not gonna do an about face on the 800 mono-block just yet. They'll let doo take the leap with their 900, first. We are riding their golden goose, guys.

Poo has to fix the 2013 new feature quality/consistency issues, they overstretched their ability to deliver. And the snow VP of Engineering for electrical design must have divorce pictures of the board of directors at a strip club. What's up with that? The Fleet Farm lawn mower school of electrical engineering? Electrical germlins are more real than cracked skirts. I could also see:
  • A new track design, or an option. It's about time for that one, especially with cat, doo and yammy now offering newer tracks.
  • Ditching the fly bars - the cool factor was over in December 2007. Just make your own, duh. I just saved you $30 per sled.
  • More glue. Even fewer welds.
  • New controls on the non-Pros.
  • More PG&A stuff, some of it partner branded, they didn't get the Burandt effect they wanted, so they'll try again. E.g., wraps, bags, SLP, electro-gizmos, Garmin, etc. Huge profit here, dudes.
What they won't change:
  • Pro cooling, as in, more of it.
  • Better bumpers, or tunnel reinforcements. It's called aftermarket.
  • Walker Evans.
  • No tensioner on the belt.
  • Carbon fiber junk. Sorry. Already replaced my bumper, too.
  • Glued front end, front arm.
These are amazing stock sleds, but this game is not for people afraid to spend money...

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Let's start hearing some predictions and start some effed up rumors.

Rumor has it that Harbor Freight and Polaris have merged their factories. They are making disposable RMK model for 2014 called the PRO-totype. Factory warranty is good for 25 trail miles but the extend warranty gets you to 100 on the track stand.

Hey, you asked for it!:face-icon-small-win

C
Nov 27, 2007
Montana
Improved durability
Engines that last and the rider has confidence in
Coatings that shed ice on the running boards
Hand warmers that work
A Polaris that turns as easy as a Ski-doo

If all the OEMs fix the current problems with the 2013 sleds, they would have great sleds to sell fo 2014 with minimum R and D.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Coated tunnels
Reliable motor
2 cyl. 4-Stroke Turbo like cats but sounds like an apex
Reliable QD
More cooling
And more CF

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Seems like a few want to see a 4 stroke. That's great just so they don't ruin the current chassi to make one fit.

B
Dec 3, 2007
Rogers, MN
2) Is the Kelch gas-cap/gauge REALLY lighter than the sender in the tank??? Put the gauge sender back into the tank... the wiring and PFA are already setup for that... just activate the MFD to take the signal on the RMK's.

That's a good point. My buddy and I were talking about this recently. It can't be that many ounces difference between the cap-gauge and a sender, nor can it really be much difference in cost to manufacture. An electric gauge would be nice.

Rob

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Squwak about 13 Pro engine problems has been pretty quiet on here so far this winter. There should be lots of sleds at 1000+ miles by now. Maybe reliabilty has finally got there and we can just bitch for more power now.

Wow, been riding mine since Thanksgiving weekend and I know we don't ride trails much but I only have around 400 on mine.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
That's a good point. My buddy and I were talking about this recently. It can't be that many ounces difference between the cap-gauge and a sender, nor can it really be much difference in cost to manufacture. An electric gauge would be nice.

Rob

I actually like the simple gas cap. One less headache down the road and cheaper to replace.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
my wish list

I'm snowchecking a 2014 so here is my wish list:

A driveshaft that is put together correctly at the factory like the test machines had. This Polaris will do. I imagine this issue has already been addressed.

A belt drive that is more protected, ie a skid plate perhaps, and is more reliable. Whether the current problem is a heat issue, a protection issue or a tension issue I don't care. Fix it and let's move on. I would assume Polaris is already working hard on this one too.

A motor with 160+ hp and reliability. I'm tired of Ski Doo and Cat riders saying the Poo is under-powered. I don't care if it is true or not, 160+ appears to be the standard so Poo needs to get there already!

Polaris has built the best machine on the mountain. Now they need to make it reliable enough to stay on the mountain!!!!

Here's hoping all my wishes come true! :face-icon-small-coo

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011

Rob

I actually like the simple gas cap. One less headache down the road and cheaper to replace.

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
LOL.... We are in the 6.0 Ford dillema! Good truck bad motor!

They are using us with disposable machines, yet we keep going back?

I got an idea, how about Polaris sponsors my kids race car this year... God knows I have thrown enough cash at them over the years, give me some back POO POO.

Can you tell I'm a little burnt out?:sorry:

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
I want to see definative proof, that Sasquatch does in fact...exist. I'm fairly certain he (or she) has been playing tricks on me, whilst out on the mountain. Don't know how else to explain it...one day, Ill tell you.

André

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Sweden
I would like to see an lightweight LED light and a heated glovebox behind the gauge.

And could it possible be an new cfi900 engine comming?

Premium Features