• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some help

vincebarnett

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2010
Fairbanks Ak
Howdy fellas, im gonna need some parts due to yesterdays ride and im wondering how universal the 1m and kk are. I have a 03 1m 144 and I think my chain case exploded so im wondering who has parts that would fit that model. also I need the left and right belly pan units and front bumper assembly... It was a good weekend :face-icon-small-hap Thanks for any input!

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
For reference, the 1M and the King Cat are the exact same chassis. The King Cat has some titanium springs stock, and a 3" pitch track. Other than that, they are identical.

Also, Cat used the same chaincase for....at least 15 years. It mounts in a slightly different place, but it is the same case. The hood/bellypan/bumper stuff is also all the same on any of the ZR3 style sleds (basically most everything from 2001 through 2004, except the firecat style stuff)

If you get a bellypan from something that's not a 1M, you'll need to do some cutting around the chaincase, and get the exhaust deflector if yours is broken. Different engine sizes have the exhaust outlet in different places also, so you may have to do some cutting, but it will bolt on.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The only difference would be if you have an early build 03. It would be an upgrade to use a later model belly pan. the early ones were cut out and left the chaincase exposed instead of protecting it.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The only difference would be if you have an early build 03. It would be an upgrade to use a later model belly pan. the early ones were cut out and left the chaincase exposed instead of protecting it.

All the early ones I've seen have had an aluminum cover at least. Just not the thick plastic one used on the later models.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I got side panels, a front bumper AND a chain case :) PM if you are still looking

vincebarnett

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2010
Fairbanks Ak
Thanks for the responses guys!
The sled is thawing in the shop now so ill be able to tear apart the chain case and see what all let go on me and then ill report back and let you all know exactly what I need.
Couple more questions, if I got the side panels and bumper from a kk would I need to do any modification to get things to fit or is it just bolt on an go? Also how long does the internals on these chain case parts usually last? With hard use mine got 1900 miles as of Saturday. Is this normal or should I have expected more or less?
Big thanks again to everyone making offers and helping me out.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
If yours is an 8 or 900, then the King Cat panels will just work with no issues. If it's a 600, then you'll need to drill another exhaust outlet hole. Also, if the donor King Cat is an '06, you'll need to drill an exhaust outlet, or get a new can as that year went to a front dump exhaust.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Thanks for the responses guys!
The sled is thawing in the shop now so ill be able to tear apart the chain case and see what all let go on me and then ill report back and let you all know exactly what I need.
Couple more questions, if I got the side panels and bumper from a kk would I need to do any modification to get things to fit or is it just bolt on an go? Also how long does the internals on these chain case parts usually last? With hard use mine got 1900 miles as of Saturday. Is this normal or should I have expected more or less?
Big thanks again to everyone making offers and helping me out.

If you had 1900 hard miles on the chain you did very well. I like to inspect and change the chain every 1000 miles or sooner. The plastic isn't very expensive from Cat. I ordered all new plastic for my old 03.5 1M 900. I think it was cheeper to buy new and let the dealer pay the freight then get used stuff and pay to get it to me.

Thunder

vincebarnett

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2010
Fairbanks Ak
Thanks for the info Thunder.
I tore it apart tonight and good news! Chain case isn't trashed. I lost the upper bearing and it collapsed in causing my chain to skip and when I was limping it back the chain broke. And I might be able to just get a bumper/center belly pan and make new mounting holes. Ill have to see. But thanks everyone for the help! It's very much appreciated.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I got 19/43 hyvo gears and chain if you need. They are much stronger than stock $100 bucks shipped for the chain and gears

Premium Features