• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any recomendations for the '04 KC/1M handlebar risers?

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
Just like the title says... looking for good recommendations on a 4" riser for my bars. Currently have a two inch that was fine but after upgrading to the WRP Assault Seat with 3" lift, I think adding another two at the top should even me out pretty well.
Apparently the 30 deg. rake at the top is a little harder to find.

For what it's worth... I'm 155 lbs. and 5'6" on a good day. Thought about the forward mounts but too much for this year after the upgrades and used parts I've already tracked, bought and am installing. Modifying the original setup also seems quite a hassle to trim and fit... carb unit is tight as is.

Thanks in Advance

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Anything over 2 inches on the stock post sucks! If you have a forward post 4 inches is at the limit. Tall handle bars don't work for boondocking, they don't work for hill climbing, they don't work for tree riding either! They do work for lookin cool in the parking lot and for garage riding tho!

Seriously, if you're over 6'2" then 4 inches works. If you're shorter than 6'2" stay with the 2 inch rise.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Go with the Ole's 3 inch. My son is about the same size as you and has these on both his sleds. He has a 05 King and a 03.5 MC with a Mod 600 triple and highrise Boss seat. Works quite well for him on both sleds. I'm 5' 10" and a 4" would prolly work perfect for me, but as said it puts alot of leverage on the weak stock steering post. Good Luck!

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
Oles works good or RSI makes an angled riser that works well and bolts to the stock post.
appreciate the info kidrman!

Anything over 2 inches on the stock post sucks! If you have a forward post 4 inches is at the limit. Tall handle bars don't work for boondocking, they don't work for hill climbing, they don't work for tree riding either! They do work for lookin cool in the parking lot and for garage riding tho!

Seriously, if you're over 6'2" then 4 inches works. If you're shorter than 6'2" stay with the 2 inch rise.
If I wanted high bars for looking cool, I'd swap out a pair of mini ape-hangers from the HoG. I'm sure they'd handle like *** though... :face-icon-small-ton

I've got the stock bars... worked fine last year for me and I'm mostly hill climbing. This will be my second season out though... so I'm far from being a skilled rider yet. At 11 ft. long and 500 lbs., with my little *** tugging it around... I'm not sure my KC will be very good at boondockin', regardless of what bars are on it.

I had hoped to stick with the 2" but after setting up on the WRP Assault seat, I thought another 2" would put me back where I was. Sounds like I'm best off to just move the bars forward in the mounts and stick with it.
Probably have to anyway this yr. Thanks though.

Go with the Ole's 3 inch. My son is about the same size as you and has these on both his sleds. He has a 05 King and a 03.5 MC with a Mod 600 triple and highrise Boss seat. Works quite well for him on both sleds. I'm 5' 10" and a 4" would prolly work perfect for me, but as said it puts alot of leverage on the weak stock steering post. Good Luck!
Ah... someone with experience dealing with a size like mine is priceless. From what I'm reading here... sounds like 4" would be a hassle anyway, but I hate to spend another $50 to get just 1 more inch. Hmmmm...
Guess I'll try to angle forward more and see how that works. Going to be some time now. She's going to the shop after what I found last night.

Wild Child forward post is the best way to go
Yea... that's what I hear, but $250+ for a freakin' bar is a good little chunk of change. Now that she's heading to the shop... I'll be lucky to afford fuel after she's running this yr.
I did try to move the post forward... but the carb is too tight. Even if I shaved it... I'd still be pushing the carbs out of whack. IF I go forward... it'll have to be when I'm already torn down and then, probably go with the WildChild setup.

Got into it again last night and noticed my driveshaft on the PTO side is reamed out. I'm amazed she didn't pull out on me last yr. Must have happened on the last trip down the hills becouse I can't see how it stayed on, as reamed out as it looks.
Now I've got the take her to the shop and let my mech. buddy take a crack at fixing the real problems. I'm good with the R&R/bolt on stuff... even dealing with rails, but if it's structural or deep engine, I'm out of my league on these babies.

Off to Sam at HooDoo Motorsports. Hope he gets her back to me before the snow starts sticking.

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated! :yo:

Last edited:
K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Pepe, I have a couple sets of the RSI risers I will treat you right on. One is two inch and the other is four. Drop me a pm if your interested. I am in Spokane too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350852834.192212.jpg

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
damn... sorry kidrman. Freakin' thread subscription didn't show any new posts on this thread. I ended up getting a 4" set from the same guy that sold me the wired up bars out of CA. Would have been happy to use yours... but no need now. Ended up with a 4" PowerMadd Racing swivel set for $40. Not to bad, light weight and pretty versatile too.

maybe I'll see you at the snowshow, Nov. 10th, I think. Drop a line if your ever heading up to Priest Lake/Camel Hump or Trestle Creek areas... or any other up here that you may know. Always looking to learn other areas but we had a great time up, right side of Priest Lake last year. I think Camel Hump is the far back side of Roman Nose... but can't be sure myself... at least, not yet. Should be ready to explore a little more this year, after building up a little skill last season.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
No worries.

I will be at the show for a little bit. I know the area well so we may cross paths up there too.

Premium Features