• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI-NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE KIT

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
northstar's in Preston Idaho has developed a performance package for the 2011-2013 pro rmk 800 and is showing huge power gains thru lots of testing last season and this summer, the sled is a 2012 163 pro 800 they put the kit on the sled at 200 miles and the sled now has almost 1000 of hard miles.

the kit consist of pistons,cylinder shim, head-work,timing changes, and fuel controller, it works extremely well and are seeing gains of 18hp over a stock pro at 8300rpm on the dyno at there shop at 4750ft elevation and that's with a stock pipe, they will be trying slp,cpi,jaws single pipes to see what one performs the best for even more hp gain.

last season testing up cornice ridge in tony grove it would easily have 8 or more lengths on a stock pro of the same track length run after run, it smooths the motor out by quite a bit also(less vibration),they have been running it on the grass all summer at high temps and are having no det codes even with bad fuel and ethanol and running the premium plug.

the kit is 1400$ installed, thats not including clutching but it would only add 100 to 200 more in the price. and one of the good things about it is it looks completely stock!

Last edited:

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I talked to Cobie this morning and it sounds as thou he has put it thru the gauntlet and has come out shinning. Now if I could find that $1600 I hid away.
I think it is going to be a good year for the aftermarket builders with some of these sleds running out of warranty.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I was told they like to do the install which kind of turned me off , since the price would go up due to shipping or transporting the sled their .

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
we will send the kit out to a customer, there is just a couple small things that need to be checked prior to the install and after the install, but if a guy is smart and knows these engines we have no problem sending the kit out to customers.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
That sounds better . Can you elaborate on what needs to be checked , I would think one would be the skirts on the cylinder would the other be the oiler ?

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for the PM. Do you have any dyno graphs you care to share ?

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
we have not got that part of the dyno hooked up yet to print dyno sheets we can just watch it on the display of the dyno for hp numbers.

O

ottawaair

Mar 2, 2012
how would u feel about this package at low elevations. 1000 to 1500 ft.

P
Jan 1, 2012
im a sea level and may reach 1500ft at times, would this work no problem??

im more interested in the shim kit, and head work

im already running fuel controller and i have my timing changed also

also have an slp pipe and dyno port to go along with it

is the pistons a must? or can i run stock pistons with it?

Last edited:
T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
im a sea level and may reach 1500ft at times, would this work no problem??

im more interested in the shim kit, and head work

im already running fuel controller and i have my timing changed also

also have an slp pipe and dyno port to go along with it

is the pistons a must? or can i run stock pistons with it?

we have not tested it at sea level but i am sure it would work fine with some fuel mapping changes, and ya you can run the stock pistons with are other shim and head work.

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
last season testing up cornice ridge in tony grove it would easily have 8 or more lengths on a stock pro of the same track length run after run, it smooths the motor out by quite a bit also(less vibration),they have been running it on the grass all summer at high temps and are having no det codes even with bad fuel and ethanol and running the premium plug.

Awesome, are the kits ready to ship? Which fuel controller do you use?

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
we have changed a couple things on the kit and we have also changed the price
new price 1100 for the kit and 1400 installed, we have been running this kit all summer and have had the chance to get it on the snow again this year and its screaming, again 18hp gain with stock pipe.

Premium Features