• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spy Photo of Turbo Performance Etec

M
Nov 13, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw
we tried the boost it on the trash kit, never seamed to freindly there, dobec box going backon soon, hope you have better luck....

Not to friendly..... Hmmmmm...... Wonder where that came from?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
we tried the boost it on the trash kit, never seamed to freindly there, dobec box going backon soon, hope you have better luck

hope to see it out before the end of the season

We'll it's a good thing that just because you couldn't get it to work, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Did you ever ask for help or support from the Boost-It crew? I'm betting not. I haven't seen a boosted sled that it hasn't worked on yet. (And worked well) Boost-It cant be all that bad, Kyle Micku recently climbed the 90 on his two stroke ETEC in mid season snow conditions, pretty impressive if you ask me !! :face-icon-small-coo

From my experience with turbo sled tuning, there are those that can, those that get by with good advise, and those that don't belong. Which one of those to do you fall under? I"m always amazed at the guys that show up with problems, 99.9% of the time its human error that has nothing to do with the fuel controller....

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
there is a ton of politics with the etec-dobeck box, boondocker box, and others, we made our own box using a doebeck box and was told that if that box ended up on a etec to the end user we would end up in court. That was using the gen 3 box. We also built a box that worked out of a old tfi box. but still a doebeck box.

Brp has bought the rights to everybox out there that a normal customer can buy. With the boost it and our trials it works great!!. It is simple, and you can get support from more than just us if something happens to us.

So when you look at something from a Volume/Manufacturing stand point you have to go with that product.

jmo :face-icon-small-hap

I'm looking forward to seeing your product run, I'm looking at building either a Pro or an ETEC. I'm holding off to see how things evolve with the turbo kits on each of these sleds. I know one thing for sure, it like my Apex, will be running Boost-It. Throw up some vid for us when you get it dialed...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i see your attitude is typing again, i asked for info in the email do you remember your reply... go to kyle where you bought it.... yes you will get your box back, as for my tuning, i have no issues with it, maybe you should bring your poo and find out how bad it runs:face-icon-small-hap

since the trash has left tss shop with your box on it, it has never ran a full day with out a code, support or lack of support is what the owner has put up with, and is at his brink with it

you have left a badtaste with me... :nono:

sad that the dobec box could not wotk out with the kit, they have them dialed nicely, good luck with the new kit

Hey Fred, even though your buddy never bought the XIC from me, I will be more than happy to give him what he paid for it.

I am sure that these guys will have the ETEC flying in no time because they know how to tune. They actually understand what a sled motor wants and needs.

From talking to a few people that have ridden with you Fred, you do not understand tuning very well, so you are not really qualified to comment. I think we should leave it at that.

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
My Boost-It Box gives me the ability to add fuel throughout the entire rpm range.

I had to use a different ratio regulator than Neil recommended to get my skidoo to work but now it runs healthy and strong with a dolbec box. I also use the Boost-it box to add a little fuel up top from 7000 to 8300rpm.

Last edited:
L

Little Eddy

Nov 30, 2007
Lashburn , Sask
fred ..

So let me get this straight ... Last year your buddy bought a Trask turbo kit for his etec . Right from the day it was installed you have been on here telling us all how it won't run and they (Trask) were unable to solve your problems. You now refer to it as the "trash kit". This year your buddy took it to a shop in BC to have it worked on, part of that work included the installation of a Boost-it fuel system. They tuned it and it was returned to your buddy not working the way it should. So rather than staying with the people that installed your system you turn to NM for help. He suggests that you contact the people that installed it and tuned it. (seems like good advise to me since NM has no personal input into the installation). Now you want him to jump onto your buddy's train wreck and magically fix something he has never seen ??? When your JD combine quits do you call the dealer that sold it to you or someone from the Massy dealership ?? Neil has offered publicly to refund a full purchase price on a control box that he would of only been paid a wholesale price on. If that isn't "standing behind your product" then I don't know what is . Has Trask ever offered to have your buddy return his kit for a full refund?? I bet not !!
Like Duke said just because you and your buddy can't make this work , doesn't mean it won't work , however it won't fix any inherent problems with the design, mechanics or installation of the existing kit that it is being installed on.

C

CANDYMAN

Apr 23, 2008
Rimbey,AB
i see your attitude is typing again, i asked for info in the email do you remember your reply... go to kyle where you bought it.... yes you will get your box back, as for my tuning, i have no issues with it, maybe you should bring your poo and find out how bad it runs:face-icon-small-hap

since the trash has left tss shop with your box on it, it has never ran a full day with out a code, support or lack of support is what the owner has put up with, and is at his brink with it

you have left a badtaste with me... :nono:

sad that the dobec box could not wotk out with the kit, they have them dialed nicely, good luck with the new kit
How come your reply to everyone is "come ride with me so I can show you how great my sled is and how great I can ride"?

I doubt you could point your sled at half the chutes that NM has put that Poo without pizz running down your leg.

Not sure why you keep posting vids of yourself climbing the bunny hills, but those are not chutes.

Before you ask me to come out so you can kick my azz and show me how to ride...I respectfully decline in advance.

People are getting a bit tired of your nonsense posts already, and BTW you really should get spellcheck.

Congrats to Turbo Performance for coming out with this kit and not rushing it to market like some guys did last year. I am sure it will be a runner.

G
Apr 23, 2008
So let me get this straight ... Last year your buddy bought a Trask turbo kit for his etec . Right from the day it was installed you have been on here telling us all how it won't run and they (Trask) were unable to solve your problems. You now refer to it as the "trash kit". This year your buddy took it to a shop in BC to have it worked on, part of that work included the installation of a Boost-it fuel system. They tuned it and it was returned to your buddy not working the way it should. So rather than staying with the people that installed your system you turn to NM for help. He suggests that you contact the people that installed it and tuned it. (seems like good advise to me since NM has no personal input into the installation). Now you want him to jump onto your buddy's train wreck and magically fix something he has never seen ??? When your JD combine quits do you call the dealer that sold it to you or someone from the Massy dealership ?? Neil has offered publicly to refund a full purchase price on a control box that he would of only been paid a wholesale price on. If that isn't "standing behind your product" then I don't know what is . Has Trask ever offered to have your buddy return his kit for a full refund?? I bet not !!
Like Duke said just because you and your buddy can't make this work , doesn't mean it won't work , however it won't fix any inherent problems with the design, mechanics or installation of the existing kit that it is being installed on.

Wait a minute bub.. Fred only knows how to ride not tune. the garrett turboed sled is much more powerfull.. NO garrett sled is scared of a dyno..LMAO..7 psi 240 my *** prove it ...still waiting and waiting

NEIL has never made any attempt to refund my money on a unit that does NOT FUNCTION.. Its been back to sds at MY expense with NO fix.
They claimed it worked at their facility,, it wont even function here.

All my other data systems, MSD, AMS1000 fuel pumps etc are just fine.

The unit I recieved looks NOTHING like the units now, it looks like an old am radio..

The only way old numskull will get any respect is to fix the **** ups first..

Bryce and Josh are good people,, and they just might get a season of success with this unit.. dont forget Bryce, BS3 and minisquirt, mega squirt and haltech all have working systems made in the USA and stand behind the product without attitude..or having to tie into that e torch system at all !!!

no tie in period. no monopoly

L

Little Eddy

Nov 30, 2007
Lashburn , Sask
Gus ...

I don't normally play into this feed the trolls stuff but .... there was a post some months back where you started venting off about what a punk Neil is ... again he publicly said to you if you return the system he would return your money ... did you ever return it ... no ??

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Gus, you went into your project knowing full well your application had never been tested, if you treated me like you did NM in the open forum, my response to returning your money would be GO FU(K YOUR HAT !!

It pisses me off that f$(&tards like you are floating around this forum discouraging the guys that have been around a long time that offer real help and assistance to those that are looking for it. It seems that all we are left with is a bunch of idiots that claim they know what they are doing and all they ever offer up is their word that their product works. Your POS dyno sheets mean fk all to us MOUNTAIN riding. You claim you know so much, but offer NO products !! :face-icon-small-dis I can assure you he isn't in the business to screw people out of their money, his intentions are to provide people with a quality, reliable, cost effective solution to fuel their sleds.

I gotta ask, others sleds run, why doesn't yours ? Is it really the box? If SDS tested the box in their shop and said it works, I believe them...

Brycter, pm me some pics when you get the production kit done. I look forward to seeing it with a water to air intercooler....

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
NEIL has never made any attempt to refund my money on a unit that does NOT FUNCTION.. Its been back to sds at MY expense with NO fix.
They claimed it worked at their facility,, it wont even function here.

All my other data systems, MSD, AMS1000 fuel pumps etc are just fine.

The unit I recieved looks NOTHING like the units now, it looks like an old am radio..

The only way old numskull will get any respect is to fix the **** ups first..

Gus I have smoe trouble with your statements here. You are mad at Neil here, but it seems he has done what you asked. He sold you a product so you could experiment with it. Is this correct, or was he advertising that it would work on your application?
You had a problem with a product that would not work in the situation you put it in and you sent it back to the actual manufacturer. They say it works fine, and you still blame Neil.
I know a little about this situation, in fact did you not know that the system was never used in your situation, and were you not told it may not work the way you need?

In fact Neil has offered to give you your money back, right here!

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2767563#post2767563

Post 143, a response to your comments in post 139

"Ok Gus, even though you call me names on a public forum without even discussing it with me, I will give you your money back.
Even though I told you it may not work but you practically begged me to sell it to you, I don't have time for people like you, so if you stop calling me names then I will be glad to give your money back
I have had my own business's since I was 22 yrs old and have nothing but success in them. I offered people a fuel controller that worked on my "Yamaha" and offered it to other yamaha owners, but you got me. I had a bad feeling the whole time that you were bugging me to sell it to you. I should have listened to my instinct.

I am done bantering with people on a forum, and I am not letting you drag me down there.
If I was a punk, then I would have been called out a long time ago.

Let me know where to send the money..."

Gus, You keep claiming to know somuch about boost, yet when asked a valid question, you seem to ignore it. is this because you are not wanting to share your knowledge, or do you really not know the answer to the question?
Here is an example.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298808&page=2

Post 54 where you were asked a question about your statement in post 52!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus bohne
when under boost the carb is no longer a carb in the std sense

Gus

Gus I was wondering if you could please elaberate on the above statement of yours? I am always wanting to learn new stuff and this is new to me. I am fully aware of how and why a carb works Naturally Asperated and now I am schooling myself on the effects of boost on said components. Sounds like you have an understanding of this.

I would like to know what your answer to this is as well, because I do not understand your statement either.

I am really getting tired of people comeing on these forums and bashing products, because they could not make them work. Especially when there are numerous people having sucess with said products. I am also tired of people making statements then having nothing to back them up. I know there are many ways to get things done and we are all here to find the one that works best for us. If you truly feel that something is wrong, then back up you statements with some fact.

G
Apr 23, 2008
as a basic member of snowest I cannot read the things Neil says behind my back.. Neil could easily answer the phone or return the many un answered calls I made to him last yr.

sorry lasko I would LOVE my money back all NM has to do was answer my calls or call me..simple

Lastly Lasko, If you pay for the knowledge I will provide it for you.. Just asnwering on this site is teaching , teaching other kit makers like yourself is pointless ..PAY me or You can also pay for a dynotech subscription and learn all the things I do with PROOF its simple.

Last edited:
C

CANDYMAN

Apr 23, 2008
Rimbey,AB
as a basic member of snowest I cannot read the things Neil says behind my back.. Neil could easily answer the phone or return the many un answered calls I made to him last yr.

sorry lasko I would LOVE my money back all NM has to do was answer my calls or call me..simple

Lastly Lasko, If you pay for the knowledge I will provide it for you.. Just asnwering on this site is teaching , teaching other kit makers like yourself is pointless ..PAY me or You can also pay for a dynotech subscription and learn all the things I do with PROOF its simple.
You need to get over it man!
Were you told it would work on your application?
Were you told you would get your money back if it didn't

Maybe Neil can send you a dollar a month so you can get a membership.:face-icon-small-con

What have you ever offered to the mountain guy's that they are happy with? At least neil has a solution for a bunch of guys that needed help.

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
To get this thread back on track.....

Nice looking kit, I like the Billet boots. Thats gotta be good for some HP..:face-icon-small-ton

How much are the kits with & without the intercooler?? Thx, Josh

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
What have you ever offered to the mountain guy's that they are happy with? At least neil has a solution for a bunch of guys that needed help.

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is a very well referred to thread on carbed turbos...740 replies and over 34,00 views. He basically offered most of his knowledge to anyone who took part, called, or emailed.

Myself, well I have a 3071 on an 800 that never would have happened if it weren't for gus. Better than the 2860? Ha:high5: Oh yes, I ride it in the mountains, too.

Premium Features