• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'92 650 primary clutch

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I need a primary for a '92 650. I don't remember the taper on these clutches, does anyone know what years/models will fit?

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
I need a primary for a '92 650. I don't remember the taper on these clutches, does anyone know what years/models will fit?

All Fuji PTO-ends are 30mm.

Their are Basicly 3 Different Fuji Drive clutchs.

Small roller twin off set.

Small roller triple off set.

Big Roller Triple off set.

These all use the old style 7/16 fine thread clutch bolt that uses a 5/8 headed bolt. And they also use the old style puller thats straight all the way to the tip and has a flat end that butts up to the crankshaft and does NOT go inside the bolt hole like the domestic stuff.

Domestic & Fuji clutches should NOT be used on opossing motors because the clutch pullers will no longer work for either one and custom pullers must be made from scratch or cheated out of OEM pullers.

If you don't know exactly what you doing stay away from buying to wrong clutch just to save money.

Just because a clutch looks the same does not mean it is the same.

Dan

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Quote " You decided to take the walk to the darkside of mod custom built motors...this is a walk you take alone. Indy Dan "

Jay... I just caught this ? There must be a story behind this ?

:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-sho Please refresh my memory.

Dan

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Hi Dan, no, no story, I just saw that in one of your posts and having dabbled in mods pretty much forever it really hit home for me. Everytime I read that it makes me smile. :face-icon-small-hap Thanks for the info on the clutch, I ran into a guy that has an old '92 650 I used to own and he told me it "wasn't running very good" so foolishly I said I'd have a look at it for him :face-icon-small-con the clutch is only one thing that is hooped on it. I got to learn to keep my mouth shut.

Premium Features