• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Started my Turbo-Bikeman880 build......

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Wholly Sh*t Nitro invest in some brake cleaner and some degreaser...
hahaha I am going to clean things up.

Going to be able to get started again, this weekend. been waiting for some things, and time.
This will be clean enough to eat off of when i am done.

It is only so filthy, because I had a goal last year to only have to put gas and oil in it, and check chain tenstion, and change a belt once.

Never even opened the side pannel all year, she got a bit dirty, So now I will clean her up, headin out tonight.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Yeah

Just giving you a hard time. Its sure nice to put oil and gas and go! That wasn't the case first (2) seasons on my Turbo. I think this year will be the year, hopefully got all the bugs worked out. And if I don't I have a nice stock P-tek with 200 miles sitting in the shop.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Well trying to get it put together for a test run on Saturday

Just need to mount my fuel pressure gauge, and button up a couple things double check the fittings and such.

I will get some pics up later.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Ok so I am running the thing on the stand and of course it wont build boost without a load,
So my question is when I wick the throttle and hold it for a bit it way over fuels things. .
Will that correct itself once I get a load on it and build a bit of boost.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Yes I put the STM vaulve system in.

And basically dropped my jetting accordingly to what the difference is from stock plus a size

I should be a bit fat and it seems good low to mid range. But it will dang near put out the fire past 7000. But it hasnt even started building boost yet at that point on the stand with no load.

So right now i am running a 420 jet and I left the pilots alone for now too.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Yes I put the STM vaulve system in.

And basically dropped my jetting accordingly to what the difference is from stock plus a size

I should be a bit fat and it seems good low to mid range. But it will dang near put out the fire past 7000. But it hasnt even started building boost yet at that point on the stand with no load.

So right now i am running a 420 jet and I left the pilots alone for now too.

I am running 340 mains 15 pilots, on my test stand I was making 3lbs of boost with no load and this was at 1100 ft/asl and flow jets open 2.5 turns

At 5500 ft/asl with the same setup making 12lbs of boost. No over fueling at any point.

Jeff

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Thanks for the pics. of your bracket

340's on stock motor
I am running an 880 I thought 420's were a bit large (Before the turbo with a dpm I was running 500 mains) and I guess the boost gauge does flicker and may build boost if I could get it to rev higher.

Now I am hooking up my digitron and need to know what the rpm wire to the tach is. The instructions say the yellow black wire but I wasnt getting a tach reading from it???

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Thanks for the pics. of your bracket

340's on stock motor
I am running an 880 I thought 420's were a bit large (Before the turbo with a dpm I was running 500 mains) and I guess the boost gauge does flicker and may build boost if I could get it to rev higher.

Now I am hooking up my digitron and need to know what the rpm wire to the tach is. The instructions say the yellow black wire but I wasnt getting a tach reading from it???

Yes 340 on stock, I didn't bother hooking up to the tack, I just picked a power source, all I cared about was the EGT's.

Jeff

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
My experience is you can leave the pilots alone but will need to lean the mid with the needles one shim and yes having a load will change the dynamic. What did you do with clutching?

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Ok Tach problem resolved:

I still think I may be over fueling

And the clutching will be nxt once I button up the rest of this project.

But I doo have some ramps that came with this used kit
433 with some special grinding I guess

and I plan on throwing heavier wieghts and a taller gear at it to start

I know my setup might be a bit different than the stock motor setups.

I may sacrifice my skags a little and tack her to the end of my road and give it a rip in the sand to see if the jetting clears up at all.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
it should run crisp on the stand. not the end all for tuning, but if its blubbery rich, its gonna be to rich in the hills.

im betting what is happening, is as soon as your starting to get a bit of boost, even just light pressure, your oversized mains are drowning the thing. drop to 400's, or even 380's... you can push a LOT of fuel thru small jets with the right flow!

G
Apr 23, 2008
Right on... once you get past 4 psi fuel pressure you are forcing fuel not pull it from the jets..

drop her down man,, drop her down !!!!! 380 is fine

438's are fun and load well ,, 435's are a little plucky..433's good too

I love 280's in the tra2's moocho squeeze and shift....

gus

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Had 390's in mine, now 360. Going to drop to 320 mains. W/ the 360 at 4000' and zero degrees, I was still had room to open the powerjets more.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
OK getting close but still dinkin around with it..

Thanks for the replys :

Here are a couple shots of her so far.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
What coating did you put on the pipe and muffler? Looks much better. Bring that thing to MT when it's done. There is getting to be quite a handful of turbo XP's here, I would like to see how much more the 880 makes. My electric start showed up today for mine, 22 lbs. 14 are battery so that is going to get changed. I'll have to start a post w/ the changes I'm making on mine before to long.

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Looking mighty fine. One concern I would have is you regulator below the secondary or is that for just testing. The old 1200 pulls hard with the STM on it.

Premium Features