• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Started my Turbo-Bikeman880 build......

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
For jetting, call Rick at Peak Powersports or High Roller customs. They both have 860's w/ turbo's that run strong. My stock bore I currently run 360 mains vs 480 stock w/out turbo. I believe one of the XP turbo's Silber was running an 880. He might be the best bet for your setup.

Right on thanks that gives me a pretty good idea of what to try first.

H
Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
the mitsu kits are heat makers .. switch to a garrett.

Gus

Gus,
Have you tried the bigger mitsu turbos? I was looking into putting a big 20g in the TDO5 platform, or a 25g in the TDO6 platform on my sled. Looking at the specs on them, the 20g has a 49.2mm inducer,56mm exducer, trim of 77 on the turbine. compressor has 52.5mm inducer, 68mm exducer, trim of 60. The 25g has a 55.2mm inducer, 65.1 exducer on the turbine side trim of 72. Compressor side has 60.46mm inducer and 77.96mm exducer, trim of 60. I agree that some of the mitsu's generate heat. I am running the 16g right now and it gets hot. I put a intercooler on it and it helped a lot, but im still looking for a little more. What are your thoughts on how the 20g and 25g compare to the 2871 or 2876? It would be easier to throw a 20g compressor on my turbo then to completely redo my whole setup and put a garrett on. Thanks

HM

MOUNTAINGOATXRS

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc

After all the crap you handed outabout 2-stroke turbo's being ticing time bombs you go and build one...I think all those other 2-stroke turbos in the group may have influinced this build:face-icon-small-win

Its going to be a fun year:face-icon-small-hap

Any ideas on which/who's turbo sled may have made an impact?
TICK............TICK...............TICK...............TICK....................

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Well I think I am going to drill my BOV refrence line in the carbs, now do I need to do both and t them together, or just one of the carbs.???

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
So I am going to need a headlight bracket . I dont want to use the ole airbox , Where or who sells or makes one

Thax

M
Nov 13, 2008
Bracket

Trask performance sells the bracket for $130 or SkiDoo race catalog has them for half that price I've been told. I'm using headlight delete w vents from Mountain Fit Hoods. Another option if not using headlights as it is built good and serves as the bracket in one piece.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Trask performance sells the bracket for $130 or SkiDoo race catalog has them for half that price I've been told. I'm using headlight delete w vents from Mountain Fit Hoods. Another option if not using headlights as it is built good and serves as the bracket in one piece.

Let's see some pics of your turbo build--no more lurking.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
hows this thing coming

Pretty much got all the big parts dry fitted, reeds changed carbs drilled and tapped , except for the refrence for the BOV, waiting on my new domes for my head, droppin the compression a bit, then I should be able to button everything up,
I will get some pics of it with all pieces mocked up

I do have the oil pump and the tank bolted in, the fuel pump is fashioned up, and the fuel regulator is mounted.

Things are busy this time of year, for the next couple weeks.
Then I am off for the winter and it wont take me long to get it finished.

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
i wouldnt spend $130 for a headlight bracket. i just made one that comes straight down from the front of the headlights to the cross bar of the frame directly below it. works great. ill try and get a pic. are you boost referencing for your BOV off the engine side of the right carb? thats what i did and most common.

M
Nov 13, 2008
FYI

My build is on hold awaiting top end/ cylinder exchange. Had turbo in and doo-ing reeds and raves when I noticed piston tops were pitted, tore it down and both locator pins had broke off, one side went out the other decided to stay a little longer and mess things up. So the sled is gutted and on hold. I'm only working on this a couple nights a week and didnt want to doo a 60 day build posting once a week, when I'm close I'll post from start to finish. Meanwhile I'll continue "lurking"

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
i wouldnt spend $130 for a headlight bracket. i just made one that comes straight down from the front of the headlights to the cross bar of the frame directly below it. works great. ill try and get a pic. are you boost referencing for your BOV off the engine side of the right carb? thats what i did and most common.
Yea I've read most are doing it that way

Well here are some pics. things are a mess but they wont be when I am done. used kit and very well used sled , things are not real shiny.

GOPR0588.jpg

GOPR0590.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Premium Features