• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Soooo got some hyfax troubles......

D
Sep 20, 2011
Central Minnesota
hey guys, yesterday i went and picked up some hyfax for my 97 supersport and i put it on, cut off the extra, then went to put the screw in but it wasnt lined up with the hole it was about 2-3 inches back from the hole, so i was wondering if i should buy another pair, or just drill it? thanks

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
You cut the front first, yes you need to drill a new hole if you don't want to buy new ones. Use a forstner bit first then drill the little hole. Next time use the old hyfax for a template.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If you are to use a forstner bit to make a pocket for the bolt head, use a vice clamp and a drill press. The plastic is quite soft and the bit can grab the plastic and pull it up the bit which will make a hole all the way through before you know it. So, if you figure out the depth for the hole to stop at, set the chuck stop then go to it.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Made me smile :face-icon-small-hap I've done exactly what volcano busters talking about. Go for it, your getting some good advice here.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
If you have a bit extra hyfax toward the rear of the skid, I always taper mine back at a 45°. The newer sleds do this from the factory. It helps when dragging the sled backwards so the windows don't hang up on the square edge of the hyfax and stop the track from rolling. This is more pronounced if you have rail extensions that don't support a longer hyfax.

When installing, I usually try to lubricate with rubbing alcohol and then be quick. This adds a little slip but evaporates to leave nothing behind.

Premium Features