• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering turbo cont.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Who could I get to either make me a set of domes for my slp head or cut a set that I have to turbo domes?
and will whal bros sprockets hold up to the boost?

Stock head. I use it

you are good wth the oem head untouched for mountains and 100ll

I can do your slp domes $40 each

Yep, I run 100ll and if I happen to venture below 8000', I toss in some tolulene to up the octane. Works well. Up to 12# and no Deto yet.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
xp turbo

Here is a pic of the bung for pulling signal for the FPR from the pipe as well as the supreme tool exhaust valves.

pipe bung for FPR signal.jpg supreme tool valves.jpg

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
NICE!! I have all my stuff coming now including the stm valves.

havent decided about skid yet.

I hope I can find a place in town that stocks an fittings that will make things alot easier than having to order random fittings all the time.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Here is a pic of the bung for pulling signal for the FPR from the pipe as well as the supreme tool exhaust valves.

Do you have a pic of where your blow off is hooked to? I do have mine between the carbs and motor. If I remember correctly, there are two spots that are basically piloted and would be easy to tap and mine are hooked to the lower ones. I also see you have a R & D kit. Old Dave had a hold of my sled before I bought it and I had to change most of it back to the way Rick from Peak had it setup to get it working correctly. I do like the way he mounted the powerjets through the top of the carbs. He also installed block of plates. Did you get much ride time with the STM valves to compare?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Wow...that sled has some history...started with ryan out of denver...went to minnesota and then to you...it is a good looking sled...i think the only thing dave did was turn up the boost!!!! Literally...i think the rest of it happened in minnesota. I stopped in to peak performance when i was out in Denver and chatted with Rick for a while. I have a lot of respect for him after that visit. He gave me some good ideas and had no problem selling individual components. I didn't make it out this spring with the STM valves but know the guy that did all of the testing last winter and he said they were the real deal. I cant wait to get out.

Do you have a pic of where your blow off is hooked to? I do have mine between the carbs and motor. If I remember correctly, there are two spots that are basically piloted and would be easy to tap and mine are hooked to the lower ones. I also see you have a R & D kit. Old Dave had a hold of my sled before I bought it and I had to change most of it back to the way Rick from Peak had it setup to get it working correctly. I do like the way he mounted the powerjets through the top of the carbs. He also installed block of plates. Did you get much ride time with the STM valves to compare?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
skid

I love my timberskid. It is nice and lite and keeps the skis down when I want it too. The thing I like most about it that I see little mention of is how well it keeps snow out of the skid...and I dont have a ported track. I have a buddy that runs a holz, others with stockers and when we all come to a stop in powder and look at the skids mine has no snow in it, the stocker is packed full and the holz is somewhere in the middle. Although the holz does ride very nice. It all depends on what you want to spend

NICE!! I have all my stuff coming now including the stm valves.

havent decided about skid yet.

I hope I can find a place in town that stocks an fittings that will make things alot easier than having to order random fittings all the time.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I feel like having non ported would help keep the snow out as well. I will be going to a 2.5 inch track, I am totally undecided, I don't want to cheap out on anything.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Wow...that sled has some history...started with ryan out of denver...went to minnesota and then to you...it is a good looking sled...i think the only thing dave did was turn up the boost!!!! Literally...i think the rest of it happened in minnesota. I stopped in to peak performance when i was out in Denver and chatted with Rick for a while. I have a lot of respect for him after that visit. He gave me some good ideas and had no problem selling individual components. I didn't make it out this spring with the STM valves but know the guy that did all of the testing last winter and he said they were the real deal. I cant wait to get out.

I had the sled shipped out of Arizona (Owner lived in Minnesota but was working it AZ). It's been all over the place. He didn't seem to know much about the setup other than owning it so I assumed Dave had made the changes when Ryan had the sled. The blow off was hooked to the airbox so it had no way of seeing a difference in pressure and working--major run on. First pass I made I was beginning to wonder if it would ever shut down. I t'd it off the carbs and it's basically been trouble free since. Think I'll just order the valves and go for it. They are cheaper than trying different clutching combo's to try and liven the bottom up a little.

Rick is awesome to deal w/. I order all of my parts through him now even though I live in MT. Our nearest dealer is a two hour drive so I have to have everything shipped either way.

taylorbok--I now you mentioned you didn't want to skimp anywhere on the sled, but I am running the scissor arm relocation brackets w/ my sled. It doesn't hold the front end down as well as the Timbersled, but keeps a lighter feel to the front for boondocking. We have a Timbersled in my old man's 860 and as nutty mentions, it packs way less snow. I am sure you've mentioned before what track length you are running but I am to lazy go back and look. If you're running 162, I'd try the brackets--you're out only $60 if you don't like it, if you're 154 or shorter, I don't think they'll come close to keeping you're turbo under control in a steep climb.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Go with the 2.5" challenger extreme and be done with it. Great high hp track and good in many snow conditions.

I feel like having non ported would help keep the snow out as well. I will be going to a 2.5 inch track, I am totally undecided, I don't want to cheap out on anything.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
Go with the 2.5" challenger extreme and be done with it. Great high hp track and good in many snow conditions.

I meant undecided about skid, track I am for sure going 2.5 challenger extreme.

taylorbok--I now you mentioned you didn't want to skimp anywhere on the sled, but I am running the scissor arm relocation brackets w/ my sled. It doesn't hold the front end down as well as the Timbersled, but keeps a lighter feel to the front for boondocking. We have a Timbersled in my old man's 860 and as nutty mentions, it packs way less snow. I am sure you've mentioned before what track length you are running but I am to lazy go back and look. If you're running 162, I'd try the brackets--you're out only $60 if you don't like it, if you're 154 or shorter, I don't think they'll come close to keeping you're turbo under control in a steep climb.

Gonna run a 146, I like to jump and drop and boon dock the sled alot so gonna keep it short, I think I will end up going timbersled because I can get a killer deal on them. But I dont want to be upset with that decision so I would spend the extra on something else If it were that much better

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I took my brackets off with the turbo. Hated the way they kept the front end in the snow. For me, I had way more control without them

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
what brackets?
I decided to order the timbersled skid, I will try it and if I dont like it I will sell it

as for the stm valves when I unhook the pressure solenoids for the stock valves should I just "T" those fittings on the cases together or try and plug them off with some sort of cap?

Am I going to be able to run with those solenoids un hooked from the wire or am I going to have to leave those hooked up on the sled? (electronically)

I really do not want those pressure/ vacuum solenoids on the machine.

Last edited:
T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
dont know if you guys will be able to figure out what my plan will look like when done but here is my plan for my oil tank

oiltank1.jpg

oiltank2.jpg

let me know what you think, cant really build untill my anti spill valve gets here

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Hell if it works and you are in BC... I will take one if you build 2 !!!!!! Other than that TP has a good oil can from what I hear. That will be my next purchase, as well as a new oil pump.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
what brackets?

Don't worry about em. I had a set and hated them. Yeah, my rear didn't collapse or sag but riding felt like I was on a fat a$$ trail sled. Took em off, and boost felt like boost and I loving life in the pow. I just started playing with the shock settings (I have ZeroPros) and spring rates and found what I liked. I was thinking of getting a TS skid, till I saw 2 break in one week

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
what brackets?
I decided to order the timbersled skid, I will try it and if I dont like it I will sell it

as for the stm valves when I unhook the pressure solenoids for the stock valves should I just "T" those fittings on the cases together or try and plug them off with some sort of cap?

Am I going to be able to run with those solenoids un hooked from the wire or am I going to have to leave those hooked up on the sled? (electronically)

I really do not want those pressure/ vacuum solenoids on the machine.

Taylor,

I Know it's likely late and I know you probably get a killer deal from TS through the shop, but might be worth a talk to Tom and Tom's. He's been working with me on a one off skid for my T1200 as I wasn't happy with the durability of some of the other lightweight mountain skids on the flats. I know he has a 146 skid with a pretty long front arm designed and tested specifically for boost. If you call him, be prepared to chat, the guy has a pile of knowledge.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
Ya i ordered timbersled, I will try it out. As for the oil container I will build it and if it works I can build another one, I ride in BC around 6 weekends a season so I can prob deliver it to you hahah.

Timbersled has the new design hopefully it is better than the last.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
quantum velocity had made some plates that he used to bolt his pipe to manifold and pipe to turbo, not sure if it is necessary or if I should just double up springs or what?

Anyone have p/n for ski doo reed pedals only, I can only find them as an assembly with the cages for $140 a piece, thats $600 just to double up reeds, If thats the case I will put the turbo reeds in my rage cages.

Premium Features