• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Polaris?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I don't understand this big fixation with D.I....
face-icon-small-confused.gif

It adds weight, complexity and cost to the sled.

Sure... I understand the advantages that D.I. can offer but is that really needed?

You will need special tools to work on it and modding/turbo'ing will be a huge challenge... Modding does not interest Polaris (or GE who carries the paper on this stuff).

On the Doos... the 800's were carbed and BRP owend the E-Tec design already in their Evinrude division... made sense.

I doubt that you would see a closed-loop control system and would most likely be a speed/density setup as in the CFi or E-Tec.

On the Polaris with the Kokusan Denki CFi system... I don't see, other than EPA concerns, what the practical advantage, for the consumer, would be with direct injection for the time-being??

Polaris already had a DI setup on the Watercraft triples... so it is not a new thing to them.

And Polaris' DI on the watercraft was garbage, and the electrical behind it was even worse.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I would imagine the red 800 could very well be the 2011 model that they are using for a calibration of the new sled(s). If the white one is indeed a 600 they will need to see how it compares to the 800 to know if there is any differences. If a 600 is able to put out 135 Hp. that would be an interesting combination that might have the sales of the 800 under fire unless they make them more reliable and be able to add some power.

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
If a 600 is able to put out 135 Hp. that would be an interesting combination that might have the sales of the 800 under fire unless they make them more reliable and be able to add some power.

Good point, but who is to say that they wont have trouble with a new 600 its all just speculation until they reveal what they have done. everything mechanical WILL break down at some point. My 08 D7 (which thoes 700s are suppose to be bullet proof) just scored a piston and a cylinder at 2 thousand miles and nobody knows how it happened. Just throwing that out there.

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Came across this pic on a Norwegian site....is this the replacement for the assault??

2012 polaris.jpg

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
Heard a 600 RMK around 400 pounds. Not sure if correct but came from what I think was a fairly good source. Now that would be sweet!

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
I would bet my sled on the fact that there IS going to be a 600 in the pro chassis. way to many lost sales for not having it this year.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I don't see the big deal about the stock track. I have rode 2 pro rmks back to back in 1 foot of powder. Mine has the stock track, the other had the challenger extreme. I didn't notice any difference whatsoever. I think the stock track may actually do a little better in the deep fluffy pow, which is what I strive to ride in. I heard the camo does better in set up snow, but I could care less about that. I have been able to do downhill u turns just fine with the stock track regardless of snow conditions. I am predicting bold new graphics and maybe a 600. They should work on a little QC from the factory, get rid of those stupid quarter turn push pins, and make subtle improvements to the best chassis on the snow.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Exactly! Make sure the electrical is properly routed along with the oil lines. Add a larger fillet R to the front bumper mounts on the cast frame and a few other items as well. You should be able to go confidently anywhere 25+ miles back in and have confidence it will make it out under it's own power! All sleds should be built this way Period! But what I am saying is going back 25+ miles and not having something stupid happen that was a MFG. problem? You want to climb the hill and barrel roll 25mi. in, thats your problem!
Mike

Premium Features