• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK vs. Ski Doo XP

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
just to clarify? the pro was bone stock and the xps had clutching and cans?..what year xp's? and were all the same track length?

R

RZRNUT

Feb 8, 2009
Pro is bone stock 163 one xp was a 163 other was 154 both had clutching and a can

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
got any footage with hills ?

from what i've seen the pro gets up on the snow really good
that would give it a big head start getting up to speed which might explain the big lead
just curious once they all planed out did the lead stay the same ?

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
Gosh, and I got all excited when I saw the thread title that I was going to actually get some real info, not just a silly video of a race across a field.

I could care less how it does racing across a field, I don't live in MN, or WI, I want to know how they compare to each other riding in the hills.

PE

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
blah, blah, when u see the loss on the hill it'll be , yeah but I wanna see how it does in the trees , no I meant spruce trees, no i meant without any birch mixed in, then it'll be yeah but i only care how it does with a 5 r of gas on the back while I'm wearing my red jacket and blue goggles, then yeah but the pro guy took a poop before the race etc, etc. U guys rock !!!! :face-icon-small-ton

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Ride a normal running Pro one day in a real life mountain riding scenario. I bet you would be hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't agree it is not only a really fun sled to ride, but has phenomenal out of the box performance as well. I could care less if I got beat by a 4 wheeler across a frozen lake. If it proves to have some longevity and reliability, it should be the industry standard, period.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
how do you compare track length on those sleds anyway? the 163 skidoo has 2608 square inches of track, the polaris 163 has 2445 square inches of track, the 154 skidoo has 2464 square inches, and the 155 polaris has 2325 square inches.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
how do you compare track length on those sleds anyway? the 163 skidoo has 2608 square inches of track, the polaris 163 has 2445 square inches of track, the 154 skidoo has 2464 square inches, and the 155 polaris has 2325 square inches.

And to further complicate that, track area and foot print are going to be different as wlel.

:smash:

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Snowmobiler, that is the exact same picture you posted up last year on a thread comparing the M8 vrs XP.
You don't have much credabilty........ on these forums.

I will say you are definetly STUCK on DOO .....I hope they treat you well!

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Pro, but if you Poo guys think that it will outclimb an 800 E-Tec XP, you're smoking something. It may handle or sidehill better for YOU than an XP, I get that. I have ridden both and I can tell you that a Pro will NOT outclimb an E-Tec.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Pro, but if you Poo guys think that it will outclimb an 800 E-Tec XP, you're smoking something. It may handle or sidehill better for YOU than an XP, I get that. I have ridden both and I can tell you that a Pro will NOT outclimb an E-Tec.

Oh I'm glad we cleared that up! That will definetly settle this arguement.

Also I have a buddy who drives a Duramax and it is just way better than other buddy's Cummins. So we can put that arguement to bed as well.

Oh and also a Camaro is a way quicker drag car than a Mustang.

Premium Features