• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vholdr Contour HD 1080P Helmet Cam

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
When you use 720 action, what quality do you set it to in, in the camera configuration. I was curious as to how the quality makes a difference on poor, medium, highest.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Always had it at med last year but am going to try high and see how my battery and memory are effected

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Always had it at med last year but am going to try high and see how my battery and memory are effected

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Is it true though that you can't upload 60fps onto youtube?

Also how much record time are you getting and battery life? I bought two batteries and 2 8gb cards.

Thanks.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Is it true though that you can't upload 60fps onto youtube?

Also how much record time are you getting and battery life? I bought two batteries and 2 8gb cards.

Thanks.

I have never run out with 1 battery and 16g card...but I do not film non stop. Usually leave it in the pack till the good riding starts.

Not sure about the youtube thing....how would it even know a video is a video?

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
VholdR Info

My son races dirt bikes, we have used this for a couple of seasons, it works great for that also. I should use it more than I do always just to busy to get it set up when I'm going to go riding.

We have the VholdR and all the mounting kits and accessories, here is a link to our VholdR section:

VholdR

Thanks
Mark

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Man those things are clear. I can't wait for some snow to get mine out and use it. What quality are you using on the 720 action? Low, medium or highest?

Thanks.

Here are my settings

Contoursettings.png

C
Mar 13, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
Okay so I got myself a Contour 1080P HD and can't wait to try it out. Wife got me some 509 Sinisters and when I try to mount the camera with the goggle mount the 509 giant metal emblem won't let you mount the camera back far enough to point it straight forward. Has anyone else had this problem? Thinking about "unstitching" one of the emblems.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Okay so I got myself a Contour 1080P HD and can't wait to try it out. Wife got me some 509 Sinisters and when I try to mount the camera with the goggle mount the 509 giant metal emblem won't let you mount the camera back far enough to point it straight forward. Has anyone else had this problem? Thinking about "unstitching" one of the emblems.

That's what I did, 2 minutes with an exacto knife, then you have a 509 belt buckle.:face-icon-small-win

A

abd

Feb 22, 2009
Which settings to use to capture how steep the hills are that you ride on? Always much flatter on film than in reality..

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Which settings to use to capture how steep the hills are that you ride on? Always much flatter on film than in reality..

Can you use something in the background like a tree line to depict the angles?

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
What cam settings are you guys using record time 1080 or 720 action or ? just got mine what works the best ?

Premium Features