• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which turbo for ski-doo 1200?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Don't hesitate to give MCX a good look, we have many kits out this year and all but one have been flawless, the one that we had problems with ended up being a faulty voltage regulator that ended up frying the computer a few times before we found the problem.

Since the repair the sled has run like nails, and has been spot on.

We have kits running from 9ibs(225hp) to 15ibs(310) with no problems.

If you have any questions contact your local MCX supplier or give me a PM.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

Last time I checked a faulty voltage reg doesn't lock the motor solid. More then 1 problem sled? or are you refering to the same one as me?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
No need you know exactly the sled I'm talking about :face-icon-small-win your full of it if you can sit there and say the only prob was a voltage reg. Give it a break man. You know damn well it burned down hard so quit the BS.

B
May 11, 2009
okanogan,wa
We built 2 stage one mcx kits and one stage 2 kit and all of them ran flawless.As long as you have an idea for set up and proper amount of octane for boost the mcx box will do the rest.Its a pretty fool proof system,but im sure somebody could screw up,it happens to all of us.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
We built 2 stage one mcx kits and one stage 2 kit and all of them ran flawless.As long as you have an idea for set up and proper amount of octane for boost the mcx box will do the rest.Its a pretty fool proof system,but im sure somebody could screw up,it happens to all of us.

I agree with you 1000% and don't doubt there is a good kit there, my prob is Cliffy saying they had no probs etc when he clearly did even though he won't admit it. The sled he built was a friend of mine's Im well aware of what happened to it.

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Advance Detno god!

How many kits?
How many times you blew it up!
Advanced BS as I smoked the MCX 1200 with my Nytro!
The guy got hurt and sold his sled and I went back down to see if I could help him at Big Iron Shootout!
Did you come out here or even see video of it?
:crazy:

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
A
A friend of your's???? funny I asked him about that and he said he talked to you maybe once or twice and never ever considered you a friend,whats with that???

and as I said,the voltage reg screwed the MCX computer up(16+ volts will do that), not once but 3 times(untill we caught it) and because it shut the computer down and it was still driven into boost, with out the MCX computer being able to add fuel it went down.

big deal, it was a shame it happened but it had nothing to do with the mcx kit.my own kit has had the **** flogged out of it on the dyno and has been raced and has won a few trophyies.and the same setup is soon to go on to test T19`s and 3071`s as well as turbo cams.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
A friend of your's???? funny I asked him about that and he said he talked to you maybe once or twice and never ever considered you a friend,whats with that???

and as I said,the voltage reg screwed the MCX computer up(16+ volts will do that), not once but 3 times(untill we caught it) and because it shut the computer down and it was still driven into boost, with out the MCX computer being able to add fuel it went down.

big deal, it was a shame it happened but it had nothing to do with the mcx kit.my own kit has had the **** flogged out of it on the dyno and has been raced and has won a few trophyies.and the same setup is soon to go on to test T19`s and 3071`s as well as turbo cams.

It would be pretty easy to install a wideband on kits and educate the customers on their use eh cliffy, but I forogt you talked him out of one not necessary.

A
Jamie,

I won't respond to the one above you. Oh and the sled had a wideband and a boost gauge,I have pic's to prove it LOL, but when your 100 miles from no where and you want to get home you do things!!!

Jamie, I have no Beef with you, I do at times find that you stick your nose in where it's not needed, and this PL thing is one of them.

I've been around the high HP industrie for 5 years now and have helped many guys with there HP goals.Hay Dave where did hurricain get his start????that's right in my little dyno room starting with 400hp then 450hp then 500hp then 550hp all done my dyno. we worked togehter back then, now he's on his own but his start was here.

Anyway,If you chosse to deal with him thats fine,it's your choice.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Its not about PL its about the lies tell the truth and no one would say anything. If you gave the full story with all the details I wouldn't have said boo at you. Thats the kicker. Also you do come off as being an expert / know it all if you have been around 5 years I think you still have lots of learning to do.

A
Jamie jamie jamie, your one to talk about having things to learn, when was the last time you built a sled,and didn't have someone else build it for you, when was the last time you installed a turbo kit all by yourself, when was the last time you built a engine, with out someone else's help.

I can answer that for you...ah that would be NEVER!!! LOL

I've had more 1200 4 -techs apart then the major amount of doo dealers.in fact at the last radar event I attended (which I won King of the lake)with my RT/XR sled with a real turbo kit (MCX) the dealer took pictures to have on hand at his shop to show customers, and when they did finally have to take one apart thier mechanic called me for advice.
But don't worry I told him if he ever needed advice on window trim to call you.

OH and jamie I was talking with your buddy Stan today, we are talking about maybe doing a road trip to Bondies shop and we thought we would stop by your DAD's company(you know the one you work at) and have a visit with you.better make sure you have some cold beer on hand.

Last edited:
Premium Features