• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which turbo for ski-doo 1200?

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I need some opinions... I might be in the market soon to get a turbo for my 09 XR 1200. I've put a 154" hillclimb skid with a 2.5" track on it. I've also got a polar clutch coming.
Anyway, which turbo should I go with? I'm debating between the Powderlites stage 1, powderlites stage 2, and FPP stage 2. Factor in costs with each, I'm not sure which either stage 2 kit costs, what they come with, and if I'll have to buy additional things like gauges, etc. Also factor in that I ride in the mountains from 10,000 to 12,000 feet. I think I'd be happy with a good 250 or 260 hp with the ability to dial it up occasionally. Thanks for any opinions.

T

tjc

Jan 8, 2008
powderlites looks good, and FPP is a cost effective option if you are looking for low boost.

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
turbo

Just to let you know that my powderlite works great and the fitt and finish great.But i don't care what you buy you still have to have it tuned right mine all the way was TSS for the tune they have made me a four stroke believer and that was not a easy sell.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Just to let you know that my powderlite works great and the fitt and finish great.But i don't care what you buy you still have to have it tuned right mine all the way was TSS for the tune they have made me a four stroke believer and that was not a easy sell.

u got any pics of your sled?

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I would recommend the powderlites kit. We had three show up to our drag races this year and they run great. Any video I've seen of them in the hills is also very impressive. From any dynoes I've seen it looks like powderlites makes the best hp/pound of boost that I've seen. And by the way Dave seems very knowledgable and approachable.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I would recommend the powderlites kit. We had three show up to our drag races this year and they run great. Any video I've seen of them in the hills is also very impressive. From any dynoes I've seen it looks like powderlites makes the best hp/pound of boost that I've seen. And by the way Dave seems very knowledgable and approachable.
X2 powderlite, Dave's turbo kit's looked and worked flawless ,great guy to chat with to.

A
Don't hesitate to give MCX a good look, we have many kits out this year and all but one have been flawless, the one that we had problems with ended up being a faulty voltage regulator that ended up frying the computer a few times before we found the problem.

Since the repair the sled has run like nails, and has been spot on.

We have kits running from 9ibs(225hp) to 15ibs(310) with no problems.

If you have any questions contact your local MCX supplier or give me a PM.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

Last edited:

ttheat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
I have a powderlites on a nitro. Dave has incredible customer service. You can call Dave anytime nights and weekends and he will always help you. If you go with Powderlites I would make the drive and let them install the turbo. Less wrenching and more riding.

M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
turbo

my powder lite stage 2 kit works great .15 lbs of boost held its own with the rest of the 1200 ski doos that where ahead of the yammi,s

B
May 11, 2009
okanogan,wa
The mcx stage 2 kit works very well.I was winning the hill drags on one untill i got ran over sent out on the chopper.The powder lites kit were running good to.Darren at xtreme powersports in okanogan,wa can set you up with a top of the line setup.

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Powder Lites Turbo kit

Well of course a Powder Lites turbo kit but I am a little one sided!!
Powder Lites Skidoo 1200 kits were the fastest on skidoo all winter!
We have always been working on improving and upgrading our customers when they have a problem.
1200 is the smoothest power and best all round riding sled I have ever drove.
Great mileage, lots of torque, and motor is built without needing pistons or rods etc.
Everyone that ever rode a 1200 setup right never wants to ride anything else.
April 4 was best ride of the year in 3ft powder without a track!!
Give us a call if your looking for a turbo. 250-836-4422
www.powderlites.com

IMG_2382.jpg Ult Ski Doo Panasonic 058.jpg

Premium Features