• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

20011 yamaha

J

jehay

Mar 15, 2008
camrose, alberta
:puke::puke: Want are they doing? The new 2011 yamaha are up on the site. Where is " the sled thats going to change everything" This sucks

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
It's a trail sled and it probably will change everything. Go ride it when you get a chance and then you will see for yourself.

R
Jan 29, 2010
Just for you guys from Chris Reid on Yamaha Sled Talk:

Apex mountain was dropped primarily based on poor sales volumes. Its my understanding that most Apex mountain riders were doing extensive mods to their sleds to the point that a short track will suffice as a base model to which custom tunnels, skids and turbos put them over the top. It is widely accepted that the new Nytro MTX is a better machine ‘out of the box’ for altitude. I spoke with Randy S last week who told me this is a well kept secret in the Rockies but the reports coming in for the 2010 MTX SE are surprising many customers (and dealers) with how well it does work compared to the 09.
Full text here: http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/

Seems reasonable to me and the new sled should be a good place to start for those who wish to.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
i agree on the "junk" part!!! it would be okay to not make a mountain version if they sold a "ready to rebuild""RTR" version... Sell it for half price with no tunnel/skid/track/skis/a arms/shocks/ exhaust/... u get the point.. Its very enoying buy a new sled and throwing half of it away!!! On the other hand i hear new nytro is alot better...

Maybe next time yamaha notices that mountain riders extensivly mof there sleds they can take a few hints!!!! :face-icon-small-con

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
hahahaha

I have owned a Yamaha since they came out with the fourstrokes...Unless you put a turbo on it they are useless in the mountains. Take any stock Yamaha against any stock Cat, Doo or Sadly Polaris....Yamaha is last in the mountains. I have road with them all. Yamaha stock mountain Sucks!!!!!!

Try coming out with 180-200 hp. and they will fly out of the dealers. The R1 street bike is naturally asp. and it is over 180 hp...so Whats up?

Just my 02.

Premium Features