• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&D Custom Turbo Werx Explaination

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
I bookmarked those links. Thanks for them.
However, as of the moment I don't think that having a Attorney General of the State of South Dakota snooping around R&D and Dave having to spend his very very limited funds defending himself will help any of us right now. This is for sure helpful for down the road.
I do like your point about putting forth a transparent plan. As of right now from my last phone call with R&D, he didn't say this out loud but, it looks like Im still 8 weeks out on a kit. I was 5 in line, they claim there are 15 orders to fill.

I have no dog in this fight however, I do have an opinion and a suggestion.

Those of you who have funds wrapped up in this debacle are big boys and can handle this situation however you see fit and feel comfortable with.

That being said it appears (from what's been posted here) that little if any effort has been made at resolving things in a timely or professional manor. As consumers you have rights that protect you from this type of treatment.

Dave you need to be honest and forthcomming with your situation and your proposed resoltuion to the issues complicating these transactions. I am not saying this info needs to be posted here but it does need to be communicated with each of your customers.

To the customers. If a satisfactory resolution is not able to be reached, or is not being met, I recommend you start your recourse with the links below.

Good Luck to all involved!
http://www.state.sd.us/attorney/applications/consumer_complaints/default.asp

http://www.state.sd.us/attorney/office/divisions/consumer/default.asp

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
8 weeks!!!!! IMHO you should get the ball going on the legal side. 8 weeks is a long time, I don't know R&D's financial situation but it appears that if your not selling any new kits, there will be a cash flow problem after this long. How can anyone go for so long not getting new orders, and still dealing with old clients that have already paid months and months ago. Time is money.

15 orders x 5,000.00, holy crap he has $75,000.00 of your guy's money.

Last edited:
J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
What he said ^^ OUCH!! 8 weeks omg. I have to admit I was kinda sold on all the hype this summer.

C
Dec 16, 2007
how could u be sold when his only video the sled didnt run? they had been testing and testing and it didnt run! if he had my money and nothing, i would already had a lawyer on his doorstep! if he is waiting on more people to buy to get the first kits out, how long is everyone going to have to waite to get there kit?

Last edited:
J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
never saw any video i just meant the big game they were talking. Didn't think it was going to turn out this way. Anyway good luck to everyone who had a kit ordered im guessing most of them wont be riding it this year though :(

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
alg_bernard_madoff.jpg

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Joshua,
Good for you for taking the high road. Sometimes that is the way to go.

The part I have a hard time understanding is... This is your money he has.. (had) Not getting in line with a lawyer now will put you further down the list on the people that are getting some kind of legal help.

I do hope that this doesn't come down to this but you need to look out for yourself in todays economy.
It's just protecting yourself.

Good luck
dc

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
i would get a lawyer, its been a full season and for sure he has spent your money. the longer u wait the further down the list u will be to recieve your $. this guy has no morals

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Joshua,
Good for you for taking the high road. Sometimes that is the way to go.

The part I have a hard time understanding is... This is your money he has.. (had) Not getting in line with a lawyer now will put you further down the list on the people that are getting some kind of legal help.

I do hope that this doesn't come down to this but you need to look out for yourself in todays economy.
It's just protecting yourself.

Good luck
dc

Thanks guys.
After reading some of these suggestions and talking to some local business owners and others I have a better understanding of what NEEDS to be done.
I am not used to being a pain in the butt to people that provide service. Like I try not to ask to much of my waitress or take my any of my stuff in for recalls. I try and do those myself to save people time. Thats just how I am. So this will me tough for me but I do see the NEED to do some more "pain in the butt" type things.
Thanks again guys.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Ski-doo turbos

I ride a 04 REV 800 w/ an inter-cooled Aero. I love it. Yeah, the life of the aero is short and I thought of using a Garret. I built my kit my self using components from Turboboyz. And you know what, it took me a damn long time to get that facking thing to pull the way I wanted it to and not have it grenade. I feel for the folks that paid money and haven't received a kit. But from what I've heard about Dave you're gonna be happy. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I lost my shop because I'm an alcoholic and an addict. I now work 8:00 to 6:00 for a wage because I need a routine to keep myself in recovery. You guys don't know whats going on in his life? Give it time, God has a plan for everyone! Thanx for the read, its an interesting thread. Ben from Canada!

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
difference is you didn't take 30,000 to 75,000 of other peoples money to become an alcoholic.
Or did you?
Dave won't return my calls again. I have been leaving him mesages and voice mails for a week and a half. And nothing.
Dave if you still read this. I just want a full refund. These are time sensitive parts. By the time you get this kit to me it will just be a $5090 box of parts for six months in my garage. There will be no snow to ride it on so....
Call me
Josh

I ride a 04 REV 800 w/ an inter-cooled Aero. I love it. Yeah, the life of the aero is short and I thought of using a Garret. I built my kit my self using components from Turboboyz. And you know what, it took me a damn long time to get that facking thing to pull the way I wanted it to and not have it grenade. I feel for the folks that paid money and haven't received a kit. But from what I've heard about Dave you're gonna be happy. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I lost my shop because I'm an alcoholic and an addict. I now work 8:00 to 6:00 for a wage because I need a routine to keep myself in recovery. You guys don't know whats going on in his life? Give it time, God has a plan for everyone! Thanx for the read, its an interesting thread. Ben from Canada!

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
So the guy is an alcoholic now????

holy f...........

Sounds like its time to hire an attorney. If it were me i'd be ringing on his door bell, "saying where's my money" in my best uncle Guido voice and baseball bat. :face-icon-small-fro

What a joke this has become.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
considering the service u guys are getting with no kit, why would you even consider his product. it seems like his competition is eager to please, thats the route i would go.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
ive been following this r&d since last year,why you wait is your decision.
you could have got your money back legaly and got a kit from some one else and been riding a long time ago.his kit cant be that much better than everyone elses.you made the decision to wait and then ***** about it.i undrstand he gave you a time 2 weeks for some that he would have the kit done.for some ,4 months thats your own fault.people get on here and bash and ***** because they dont know how to do.your work shorts you a few hours on a paycheck and your all over them,you gave him $5000.0 and you go online and wine,oh poor me.

like your mom told you when you were a kid

ITS YOUR OWN FAULT

im sure someone will bad rep me for there stupididy.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Ya, I'm not sure why some guys have waited for so long, I certainly wouldn't have. I don't think it is as easy to get the money back legally though. It's probably all spent as of now, so what can you do???

Wait and hope the guy has any integrity left, and he'll do what is right.

S

Stubble Jumper1212

Jan 16, 2010
Red Deer
I have nothing to do with this issue other than I was asked by two other guys that are on there way from Alberta canada to 4805 Windsor Drive Rapid City,SD to either get there turbo kits or there money back from this guy and is going thru Montana Sunday Feb 21 st 2010 if anybody wants to jump in for a little fun and exitment they have room for 2 people.

Premium Features