• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pics of my TSS 1200 powderlite turbo Doo

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
my little beater with a heater;)

its the one Dave and Kyle rode last year at The Big Iron Chute Out
had to go with the xp look

this is the Ski-Doo 50 edition that should of came out :):beer;

built by Dave Micku (The Top Secret Shop)
powderlite turbo
STM clucht
shockwave helex
ez-ride 163
Br-Tech pod hood
tdoo.jpg

tdoo1.jpg

tdoo3.jpg

tdoo4.jpg

tdoo5.jpg

tdoo6.jpg

tdoo7.jpg

tdoo8.jpg

tdoo9.jpg

:):beer;

vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwrK-2Z8o8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgH7-waTbUA

Last edited:
S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
tell you is kind of a sleeper

love the turbo xps ,
but gotta hold on to this girl there to much history and shes taking me places i only dreamed about!:):beer;

Last edited:
J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
have yet to see one on the snow!! Saw a couple picks last year. Its funny at PL's shop all the names you see on the kits that are going out. I know a few of em were mcx guys last year :) YOu ready to go yet matt? THe weather sucks here huh!!

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
have yet to see one on the snow!! Saw a couple picks last year. Its funny at PL's shop all the names you see on the kits that are going out. I know a few of em were mcx guys last year :) YOu ready to go yet matt? THe weather sucks here huh!!

hell yeh i am all the snows in eagels pass yhey 4 feet of fresh last sat,
greg painters up there and looks like there going to have a butt load of snow for this weakend.....
how was your trip?:):beer;

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
so you headed up or what? I'm ready to go back. I need snow!!

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
always open for snow we were already thinking that as well if weather doesn't change here. Here my toy

stampedeandrevy034.jpg

A
Yes it's SO funny how so many of the PL guys are still trying to get a map to work right,or get there engines put back togehter.
One thing you need to remember is I'm a flat lander,and there where a bunch of PL kits sold to flatlander's.and so far not to many have got them dialed! and as for how many mcx guys went to PL kits, well there where just as many going the otherway,and if you don't believe me I could send you a list of names and #'s to go with it.

What you mountain guys don't get is how we flatlanders do busness, when it comes to sleds, we want a fast,reliable,consistant sled that we can put 3000-70000KM a year on. that means trail drives that are 200-300 miles at a time, show up on a lake, race our buddies or anyone else that may be there and drive home.

It's a big difference from dropping the sled from a trailer at 4000' and doing climbes to 6000+' or something simular.

My point is it's two different worlds and that there's more to sledding then climing hills,30% of sleds are sold to hill guys the other 70% are really flat landers.

Thats the point I have tried to make to one of the turbo builders,he was pusing the I have the most hp thing, when it comes down to it 85% of the flatland rides just want good hp (240-270hp) in a good reliable package that they don't have to mess with maps.

YOu can talk all you want about how many kit are sold, but I'm just a small shop and I just ordered 6 kits and 4 are allready sold.

So if anyone is interested in a 240+hp kit for a 1200 doo let me know :)

Cliff Yeatman

PS: wait till you see how much there 340HP kit put out !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
were are they all I haven't heard or seen anything from them maybe vladamir in russia can let us know how they are running. Apparenlty thats where they all went. Just curious how many of these one with problems are running the new pistons that have zero time on them? Its funny you guys make it sound like when the maps arent perfect they won't run. I had a horrible map my a/f was like 10.0 and it was still running better than most stuff. Don't know many PL's guys that switched to mcx seens how they were only a handful out last year? But I saw three boxes with names that I know had mcx last year.

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Not saying mcx doesn't make good stuff I know they do and who knows what next year will bring :) I know for a fact that the pl and tss boys put that sled through the ringer last year with not a whole lot of issues. That's the reason I went with pl. You talk about all the guys on dootalk that are having troubles with pl but I haven't seen one everyone seems to be saying they love them and are running great, but maybe your screen reads different than mine.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
So now it's a flatlander vs mountain thing? :rolleyes:
You think mountain guys want slow, unreliable, inconsistant sleds?
100 miles on the flats is about the same as 25 miles in the hills as far as the engine is concerned.....50 miles is a long day and more than a tank of fuel.
I think al the builders are trying to make their setup work as good as possible...different approaches, different theories....if they were all the same it would be a bit boring. :beer;

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Yes it's SO funny how so many of the PL guys are still trying to get a map to work right,or get there engines put back togehter.
One thing you need to remember is I'm a flat lander,and there where a bunch of PL kits sold to flatlander's.and so far not to many have got them dialed! and as for how many mcx guys went to PL kits, well there where just as many going the otherway,and if you don't believe me I could send you a list of names and #'s to go with it.

What you mountain guys don't get is how we flatlanders do busness, when it comes to sleds, we want a fast,reliable,consistant sled that we can put 3000-70000KM a year on. that means trail drives that are 200-300 miles at a time, show up on a lake, race our buddies or anyone else that may be there and drive home.

It's a big difference from dropping the sled from a trailer at 4000' and doing climbes to 6000+' or something simular.

My point is it's two different worlds and that there's more to sledding then climing hills,30% of sleds are sold to hill guys the other 70% are really flat landers.

Thats the point I have tried to make to one of the turbo builders,he was pusing the I have the most hp thing, when it comes down to it 85% of the flatland rides just want good hp (240-270hp) in a good reliable package that they don't have to mess with maps.

YOu can talk all you want about how many kit are sold, but I'm just a small shop and I just ordered 6 kits and 4 are allready sold.

So if anyone is interested in a 240+hp kit for a 1200 doo let me know :)

Cliff Yeatman

PS: wait till you see how much there 340HP kit put out !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Boy cliff your on let me tell you something or two I am from wisconsin born and raise my nickname is Wisconsin I ditched banged my whole life brother upper minn. upper michagan rode corider 1000s of mile at haydays raced lake supirior , hurley and gogebick I have halled dead men off the trail tooo many watched a guy die on the trail in a crush insedent with a groomer on a straight away.
the first mountain sled vid I saw was the first Roops and the place I learned to ride the mountains was in Revy with some of the best mountain riders out there jedie masters on a hill!

were am I going with this rant.... tuning a mountain sled takes more than a flat land sled run rich and pin it....what special maps you need for sea level mabey a flat lander map to a mountain map and different from montaina to wyoming utah idaho washigton and BC ..... why have a mountain sledder builder maps for a flat land sled please....not saying they cant and havent cuz they have and work got guys running this sled on the strip 20 pounds of boost powderlites kit in midwest so dont go there
go with the FFP's kit if your flat land and lake racing! dont think the FFP kit will last in the mountains just ask Big John;)
I dont want to hit an ice heave on a three hundred horse sled or need to trail bang on one either thr trails havent changed just or the mentality of the mass riders and just the horse power , i got sick of the deaths and drunks on the trail when we had 160 hp to 200.
dude i posted this to show my mountain sled.........get it?
at least compare apple to apple not oranges
and not guys that are in full leathers racing bar to bar and seeing what a dallor gets them at the silver dollar strip club in Hurley :):beer;

two very different worlds your right but the mountain riders dont care if your 70% or 85% less drunks to runnin too cuz I been there done that rather take my chances with the avies.....

this is snowest not snow flat... mountain riding embodies the same spirit as surfers and back country skiers and snowboarders its a world that is small and we like it that way;)

I ask you this how many vidoes are sold of us riding the steep and deep.....mmmm how many video are there being sold of trail riding food for thought...peace out

Last edited:
S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Beans were are I know your out there laughing at this too!!!!!:):beer;
chased your a$$ all over Bear Paw on a 121 turbo Als 860 fun times dealing with a flatlander lol.....:):beer;

Last edited:
Premium Features