• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buyer beware!

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
Please ,, Dave has HELPED some this year too.
Lets not forget he straitened out a few other systems for guuys this year too.
He is good and does mean well, I don't want to come off as calling him a bad guy or Jake as lets face it ..
JAKE is an INSTALL center, not the company.Dave is the company.

One man cannot assemble all this as it overwhelms you.. even 1 bad apple throws days of effort away..we as turbo guys KNOW that.

As for the 860 ? I had no input into that, never have seen the cylinders either.
The correct recipe for boosted 2 stroke would be under 200 degrees on exhaust and no MORE than 126 on transfers.

stock r engines are more than that , thats why the old non HO cylinders had bettter power and drivebility.

ONE of the new players in the doo turbo feild IS AWARE of this AND IS addressing this too.

Yes, there is another player coming into the fray with much monkey see monkey DOO copying from DAVE"S SYSTEM TOO....

It nevers ends

Gus
Gus , please send someone whom you heard off on the internet 5 or 6 k for a turbo kit full well knowing its a crap shoot on whether to expext delivery or not, and now full well knowing you potentially risk even not getting your money back. Get yourself in the same frame of mind that all these other members are in and then well see what kind of song you sing!!!!! Do that 20 times whammo theres 80k dont take long eh. Hes allready proved to everyone his business skills unfortunately theres no fixin that. Lets take up a collection for whom hes haelped and send it to him so he can start making some restitution to these people.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Relax ,,,neither one of us is involved in this, I know exactly the feeling,, I bought a Genesis triple too !!!! LOL $ 7500$ to psi for a 236hp 1300 triple..

That was the last psi call I ever made.. we all learn ..hopefully..

By reading these threads Kevin ,, some want OUT, some want to wait for Dave to come through. I don't have an answer for them, but your thinking of just Throwing a rope over a tree and hanging him sounds a litlle harsh ..

Now lets go riding,, that fixs all bad things we deal with at work and with our wives...LOL:D:D

Gus

D
Nov 26, 2007
Please ,, Dave has HELPED some this year too.
Lets not forget he straitened out a few other systems for guuys this year too.
He is good and does mean well, I don't want to come off as calling him a bad guy or Jake as lets face it ..
JAKE is an INSTALL center, not the company.Dave is the company.

One man cannot assemble all this as it overwhelms you.. even 1 bad apple throws days of effort away..we as turbo guys KNOW that.

As for the 860 ? I had no input into that, never have seen the cylinders either.
The correct recipe for boosted 2 stroke would be under 200 degrees on exhaust and no MORE than 126 on transfers.

stock r engines are more than that , thats why the old non HO cylinders had bettter power and drivebility.

ONE of the new players in the doo turbo feild IS AWARE of this AND IS addressing this too.

Yes, there is another player coming into the fray with much monkey see monkey DOO copying from DAVE"S SYSTEM TOO....

It nevers ends

Gus

Maybe dave should have been working on his own kit instead of helping someone else with theirs.. The ONE AND ONLY kit that I know of that was built DOES NOT RUN.. HIS KITS ARE JUNK... AND HE IS A FAWKING IDIOT. AND NOW THIS CHICKENF**K WONT ANSWER ANYONE. Guess I will be making a road trip with Ralph to see you Dave.. Maybe we will bring Jimmy Moore so he can settle with you too. Get ready for the END Dave.. Its not going to be pretty..

OH AND BTW.. I RODE WITH THE TURBO PERFORMANCE XP THAT JMOORE BUILT YESTERDAY.. IT RUNS VERY WELL.. ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT HAVE MONEY INTO DAVE.. IF AND WHEN THAT GETS WORKED OUT DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT JIMMY MOORE OR TURBO PERFORMANCE FOR YOUR TURBO XP NEEDS...

Last edited:
H

High Roller

Not the same you got your product, and its hard to ride without $1000 set of carbs. Im not laughing out loud. :mad:

Relax ,,,neither one of us is involved in this, I know exactly the feeling,, I bought a Genesis triple too !!!! LOL $ 7500$ to psi for a 236hp 1300 triple..

By reading these threads Kevin ,, some want OUT, some want to wait for Dave to come through. I don't have an answer for them, but your thinking of just Throwing a rope over a tree and hanging him sounds a litlle harsh ..

Now lets go riding,, that fixs all bad things we deal with at work and with our wives...LOL:D:D

Gus

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

Gus

Holy crap Gus Bohne are you for real, "let's go riding" nothing like pouring salt in an open wound. I am sure the guy's on here that are waiting for there parts or there money back would love to go riding.

I also don't think this is anything to be "LOL' as you put it. What a jerk!

Last edited:
M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT

Gus
Would love to go riding... But as you KNOW, sadly, I CANNOT. My good old xp will not start minus two small things that go between the engine and the fuel tank.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
angry-mob.jpeg

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
He!! all i what is a PHONE CALL FROM THE GUY THAT HAS MY 20000 $ investment!! Hello Dave:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was called by R&D Custom turbo werx today. na na n na na!
Just kidding.
His wife called to just to let me know that Dave was out testing some ones sled. Maybe yours wy-doo, I didn't ask sorry. I didn't learn to much. But she was able to calm me down a little bit. Like doo said, all I wanted was a phone call. And that little call went a long way. Really it did.
She said they are still waiting on the twisted turbo guy to send charge tubes.

I cannot think of what else he would be testing, his sled as far as I know is still in Jake's hands. I would have to guess it was the "860"

Don't get me wrong I am still frustrated, but at least I know they didn't cash my check and split.

She PROMISED me that Dave is trying all he can to get these done, and that he wants happy customers just as much as we want to ride our own sled. She also said that he has been out in the shop working, and its been her that has been looking around on snowest. Thats why we see that DWHalverson is checking out the threads.

Soooooooo.........
Here's to hope and faith. (i guess):beer;:beer;:beer;
Cheers

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
the story still don't add up. what is she doing out in the shop at 10:30 at night looking at SW. i would think it's time for everyone that has givien this d-bag $$$ to each call the sheriff.

H

High Roller

I too recieve a msg from Dave's wife to call her in the shop, call no answers, hopefully a call back tonight. But all I want to really hear for her or Dave is that my carbs and money are sent back to me with a tracking number. I really dont care if his turbo kit is the best for a xp or the worse at this point. Customer care and support means alot. I rather not deal with a company like this. I just hope he will make it right with me.

Just kidding.
His wife called to just to let me know that Dave was out testing some ones sled. Maybe yours wy-doo, I didn't ask sorry. I didn't learn to much. But she was able to calm me down a little bit. Like doo said, all I wanted was a phone call. And that little call went a long way. Really it did.

I cannot think of what else he would be testing, his sled as far as I know is still in Jake's hands. I would have to guess it was the "860"

Don't get me wrong I am still frustrated, but at least I know they didn't cash my check and split.

She PROMISED me that Dave is trying all he can to get these done, and that he wants happy customers just as much as we want to ride our own sled. She also said that he has been out in the shop working, and its been her that has been looking around on snowest. Thats why we see that DWHalverson is checking out the threads.

Soooooooo.........
Cheers

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Just kidding.

Soooooooo.........
Cheers

I wouldn't buy that for a second! Sounds like he got his wife to try and buy him some time. As if in the midst of all his "tuning" with 24 hours in a day he couldn't call anyone or return any msg's. I'd be at his doorstep by now:mad:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I dunno. I had a good installer and a partnership lined up for a dealership. I was trying my hardest to put things together. I made a bunch of phone calls and PMs both here and BCR with no answer on any of them.

I'm thoroughly disappointed as I was told that his kit was the BEST OUT THERE for the Doos. Twisted Turbos told me this himself.

Now that the season is here, I am not going to install a kit from anyone. I'll just wait until next year and get the EFI system from Shane.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I dunno. I had a good installer and a partnership lined up for a dealership. I was trying my hardest to put things together. I made a bunch of phone calls and PMs both here and BCR with no answer on any of them.

I'm thoroughly disappointed as I was told that his kit was the BEST OUT THERE for the Doos. Twisted Turbos told me this himself.

Now that the season is here, I am not going to install a kit from anyone. I'll just wait until next year and get the EFI system from Shane.

pee wee your dissapointed because your partnership fell through.LOL. your just lucky that you didn't give $$$ to this rawtard

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
pee wee your dissapointed because your partnership fell through.LOL. your just lucky that you didn't give $$$ to this rawtard

I wasn't partnering with Dave. I was setting up a deal with a tech that he do the work and I carry the goods. Plus I was going to put a kit on my Doo. Not now.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I wasn't partnering with Dave. I was setting up a deal with a tech that he do the work and I carry the goods. Plus I was going to put a kit on my Doo. Not now.

good. i have been following daves posts for a long time and also considering him. because location was the closest of all builders. glad i held out and didn't pull the trigger. hope all you guys can get this settled soon

H

High Roller

Where did this Dave go?

07-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Turbo Performance
user_offline.gif

Currently: Building dreams
red_left.png
red.png
red_right.png
grey_left.png
grey.png
grey_right.png
green_left.png
green.png
green_right.png
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

icon7.gif
Turbo XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWHalverson
I talked to Josh @ Turbo Performance today about some questions I had and he was very helpfull and very willing to answer all my questions. I called later, not knowing it was after hours and never left a message and he even took the time to call me back to answer more questions. So far, I like what I have dealt with, with these guys. They might get off this turbo Cat and back on a Ski-Doo!!

Thanks. Like we always say you need customer service with out that you've got nothing. Will be looking forward to you coming out to ride with us this year us and going back with your new Skidoo.

Thanks
Turbo Performance
www.turboboyz.net

Premium Features