• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buyer beware!

wow where is triple7 and dwhalverson now? they talked so much sh*t on how great they are and now this? dang triple 7 you are the moderator why have you not posted up? you guys are usually spot on with repsonding since you guys have such a bad *ss kit? tail between your legs? just venting on how snowest has talking a sh*t with all this bull****.

H

High Roller

Thanks for the support.

Still no reply of any kind. People really do show their true colors when called out. I am way up north in canada, as are some of the others waiting on kits, money and carbs. If anyone is going to be at cooke this weekend, a friendly reminder to Dave would be awesome. Just aint right whats going on here.

Thanks again everyone. Hate when the fun gets taking out of the sport.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
I was driving this morning and was wondering how come Dave and Jake all a sudden disappeared. Then I had this thought.
I paid in full and some others did too.
Most of the others probably paid what Dave was asking, 50%.
So unless he is making 50% profit, then there is no way he had enough money to buy the parts for the 15 kits he said he is sitting on right now.
I think Dave took my full payment and others to buy the parts for the people that only paid half. If that is the case, me and Trevor, and others are NEVER going to get a refund.
The ONLY way we are going to see anything out of this deal (unless he gets a loan from the bank just to give refunds) is if Dave gets all the parts and send us the kits. OR if all the people that paid half get their kits first and then pay Dave the total amount. Then he might have enough to refund me money.
Either way I am still going to be waiting until all these kits are done.
It's kinda like a ponzi scheme, when one uses someone else's money to pay others, in order to get there money later.
Here is my only hope, if we will all be nice to him, and do what we can to help him get these kits out.
I thought of this because I was making plans to drive the 12 hours to his door step and get him to make things right with me. Then I decided that would do NO good. Because he don't have my money any more.
I probably will have to still drive to his house eventually though.
I am tempted to drive up to cooke, even though I don't have a sled to ride, and wait to find him just so I can talk and get something worked out. But part of me believes he wont even be there because he is working so hard on these kits.

O
Mar 19, 2009
Idaho
I feel sorry for you guys that layed out all this money to get shafted like this. Communication is the key and obviously R&D turbos is very lacking in that part it seems. To bad with all the hype he was talking on here. I sure as hell would find a way to get a hold of him and get my money back. Hopefully he makes it right with you guys so you can enjoy what is left of the season.

H

High Roller

Bud I hope your feeling is right! I think Dave best plan would be to write the truth in this thread whats really going on. That would be the first step to making things right with all. Specialty with the guys who have ordered kits. I hope he comes through with the kit or money and carbs, just want to ride this winter.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
WOW....this is a bad situation for everyone involved. My .02.... I'm sure nobody sets out with the intention to screw anyone over. Dave seems like a good guy willing to help on here over the years....I have never met him.
I think the best thing he can do right now is do everything in his power to get these sleds done and on the snow....or somehow make things "right" with the customer....no excuses, no pointing fingers, no blaming... just put this behind and move on.
Being in the sled performance biz, I know that he wants these setups to be done just as bad as the guys that dished out the $$. I hope this works out for everyone. :beer;

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
I'd go pick your sled up, and all the parts. It sounds like a long way from your place, but better than losing everything. Take a loss on the labor, and get it figured out on your own. I'm sure that we can all help you get it running. I don't think this story is going to have a happy ending. I got totally F*&^ed by a vender on here a few years ago, and never saw my goods, or my money back. Then they disappeared and have never been able to track them down.

JMO

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Am I missing something, but shouldn't the mods on this forum help members, and not screw them over???? Where are you Triple7, next thing you will hear is give the kid a break he is only 20. But back in June he said his age was not relevent b/c he stands by his word. hmmmm

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
That sucks [a little red neck justice] WHATS THE PROBLEM is it because its a 860?

U
How is dave accepting payment? If you paid with a CC you can call your CC company to go after him. If you paid with Paypal they have buyer protection also. Might want to start thinking about how to get your money back that way. When the 800 pound gorrilla comes knocking on his door (Visa, MC etc.) mabey then you will get some response.

Man...sorry to hear about this. I was days away from purchasing a kit from him.

My opinion....out of work, house payment due, truck payment due....money is history.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Well...what can a guy say. We all spent money on a NEW kit that we had faith in. We all sent money to a guy starting a NEW business. I also took a chance on the HYPERLITE guy when that was the next best thing(anyone else remember him?)but fortunately I got my hyperlite clutch while others got burned.Sooooooo,I am still giving Dave/Jake the benefit of the doubt just because I knew what I MIGHT be getting into.If some /all of you are giving up on him then you have that right and I understand that. Perhaps I will be the last fool in this venture or maybe I will be the one that ends up with a kit because I waited it out !!!! Who the hell knows.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Well...what can a guy say. We all spent money on a NEW kit that we had faith in. We all sent money to a guy starting a NEW business. I also took a chance on the HYPERLITE guy when that was the next best thing(anyone else remember him?)but fortunately I got my hyperlite clutch while others got burned.Sooooooo,I am still giving Dave/Jake the benefit of the doubt just because I knew what I MIGHT be getting into.If some /all of you are giving up on him then you have that right and I understand that. Perhaps I will be the last fool in this venture or maybe I will be the one that ends up with a kit because I waited it out !!!! Who the hell knows.
Im the opposite. I keep my word. (not at all saying you don't) So I expect others to be the same way. When something like this happens I am completely surprised! My wife just told me to make sure I am not the guy that gets burned like the ones you referenced about the Hyperlite thing.
If I haven't heard a word or read a note from dave by some time next week I will be driving to the address that I sent my check to. I should have used a cc so I would have had protection. But I blindly trusted the guy and sent a check. 5g's is just to much for a guy like me to just tinkle away. So I will for sure camp on his porch before long. If I would have known this morning that he would not be in cooke, I would have already left.

Pro Wrench

Lifetime Membership
Aug 4, 2002
Rapid City S.D.
I live here in Rapid City and have known Dave for sometime. I dont expect Dave to come on here and tell all of us whats going on but I would for god damn sure think he would call his customers and let them know what going on and maybe ease their mind. I make 30 calls a day while I'm working it dont take that long Dave. If it were me with 5k invested I would want some answers.
Another thing that has me pissed about this is Dave telling his customers 2 weeks til they get the kit then nothing. I have had this happen to me before and it is no fun waiting for the UPS truck to show up and then find out it has not been shipped after 2 long weeks of waiting. Its real simple. Just tell your customers the truth. We are all big boys we can handle the truth.

Come on Dave grow a set and take care of these guys.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
has ANYONE received their kit? i have not heard of one in operation besides his own and the 860 one.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Sorry to hear about this . I know how hard it is to come up with a chunk of change. And to think this is how you have been thanked .:(\

I dont know what is going on this year but , wow there is a lot of people upset with this guy. And alot of people upset with PoonBoggers .

Looks like there is alot of room for new start up company's in the 2 stroke turbo biz . I might need to start looking for a new CNC end mill.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Please ,, Dave has HELPED some this year too.
Lets not forget he straitened out a few other systems for guuys this year too.
He is good and does mean well, I don't want to come off as calling him a bad guy or Jake as lets face it ..
JAKE is an INSTALL center, not the company.Dave is the company.

One man cannot assemble all this as it overwhelms you.. even 1 bad apple throws days of effort away..we as turbo guys KNOW that.

As for the 860 ? I had no input into that, never have seen the cylinders either.
The correct recipe for boosted 2 stroke would be under 200 degrees on exhaust and no MORE than 126 on transfers.

stock r engines are more than that , thats why the old non HO cylinders had bettter power and drivebility.

ONE of the new players in the doo turbo feild IS AWARE of this AND IS addressing this too.

Yes, there is another player coming into the fray with much monkey see monkey DOO copying from DAVE"S SYSTEM TOO....

It nevers ends

Gus

Premium Features