• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

96 XC 600 Triple Fox Shock

J

jnj55024

Sep 22, 2009
Farmington, MN
A friend of mine has a 1996 Indy XC 600 Triple with a Fox gas shock in the rear of the skid.

He had it re-built last year by a reputable shop here in MN and it leaked shock oil all over my trailer after a couple hundred miles of riding:mad:

I have Fox Floats on mine so I am wondering if I need to somehow compress this gas shock prior to removing the bolts?

Is there a special tool needed to work on these gas type shocks to compress them?

if you are taking about the Fox Floats, you will want to take the pressure off them by jacking up the front end to let the the suspension extend to full length...then it is a matter of just taking off the top and bottom bolts, the shock should be at full extension at this point...

J

jnj55024

Sep 22, 2009
Farmington, MN
Thanks for the input. I tried it a couple days ago and you are right, fully extended the suspension and there was no pressure on the shock at all.

Premium Features