• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extrovert drivers

W

WITHERS

Sep 19, 2009
Hey all just lookin for feedback on what you guys are runnin,positive and negative. Also if anyone knows where to get aftermarket edge stuff from a canadian supplier,I hate dealin with the border.(extra fees/long wait/etc)Thanx for any replies guys!!!!:beer;:):beer;

Apr 22, 2009
I am running the SLP extrovert sprockets, you have to cut about 1.5" off the tips of the rail for the sprockets to clear and then run a antistab wheels. They work great, you can run your track loose and no slipping

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
AVID drivers are pretty much universally accepted as the best drivers available. As stated before do yourself a favor and just run the anti-stab kit. You will have to trim your rails. It has been a very beat to death topic and if you go to those who have done the research they will all tell you DO NOT run your track loose. It will perform WORSE than if you run it at the reccommended tension. I know this seems off but ask the guys at camoplast, tracksusa/canada, or PM Mountainhorse on here they will all explain why the sleds performs worse with a loose track. Thats the reason the avids are sought after. They perform just like stock drivers UNTILL the track starts to slip. At that point the extrovert driver takes over and keeps the track from wratcheting. Otherwise the track is being driven by the involute drivers just like the track was designed to be ran. If you run PURE extrovert drivers the track is driven only through the windows and this put strain on the crossbars in the track. These crossbars were not designed to act in this manner.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Hey all just lookin for feedback on what you guys are runnin,positive and negative. Also if anyone knows where to get aftermarket edge stuff from a canadian supplier,I hate dealin with the border.(extra fees/long wait/etc)Thanx for any replies guys!!!!:beer;:):beer;

I ran the Wahl Brothers drivers (approx $160.00 introvert/extrovert combos, similar to the Avid from my understanding) on my 2002 EDGE-X 800, I didn't use the anti-stab kit, instead I cut 2 1/2" off the rail (not a straight cut, I copied the original shape from the stock rail) and re-installed the stock black plastic tips onto the cut down rails. Cross shaft and hyfax holes were also re-located further back. I thought it was a lot of work for minimal benefit, I.M.O.:cool:

Premium Features