• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4 stroke?

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I thought I have heard of someone doing it. Kinda kills the lightwieght basis of a IQR. Wasn't there a clip of a old timer riding a IQR with a 4-stroke in one of the Thunder Struck films (Possibly 3 years ago?)??

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
Val Simmons (Simmons skis) had one with a 4-stroke (unsure of what it was exactly) in an IQR. I've seen pictures of it and have heard people talk about it but I can't really provide any links or anything. I do know that it has been done before, but like tblade stated, it kind of defeats the purpose of the light weight IQR chassis.

Chad

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
The weight gained witht he 4 stroke motor is far outshadowed by the huge power that it gives. If your into huge technical chutes it would be insane. If your into tight technical boondocking then a 6,7,8 turbo would be better. But I spose its what your into. I for one would love to dump the 800 in mine and put a 4stroke in it. Just have to find the motor.

Premium Features