• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Turbo Kit Prices

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Looks great Dave!!! A+ job for sure! I am gathering fundage. Its gunna take me a bit, but I should be ready soon enough! :eek:
Have you found that the BOV works better closer to the turbo than the charge box??

Looks awesome!! Cant wait for the powder season next year!!

Jake

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Jake,

The BOV is there only for "show". I just didn't wanting it barffing anything on the engine or clutches. It will be in a different location on the consumer kits. It's actually in the way when you take the side panel off and on. To get the panel on you have to take the charge tube off the turbo, pull it out of the way, put the panel back on and then the charge tube. You can open the panel fine, but it does hit the BOV.

Dave

Looks great Dave!!! A+ job for sure! I am gathering fundage. Its gunna take me a bit, but I should be ready soon enough! :eek:
Have you found that the BOV works better closer to the turbo than the charge box??

Looks awesome!! Cant wait for the powder season next year!!

Jake

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Well it sounds like we are all just a needy bunch of b@stards!! LMAO

BJ, are you going to strap one of these 860 turbo jobs to a dynometer anytime this summer?? Extremely interested in how that works.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Well boys Bj has my sled (I hope) it left WY last week can't wait get my SHR860 turbo
dave i will call you this week to get Two G"S to you to start!!!!!!!!:eek:

Thats gonna be" one tough mutha ".. :beer;

I look forward to the tales of the first trigger pull,,, ahhhh,, sweet turbo bigbore power...!!!!! UUUMMMMMMM...smooth...:D

that'll boondock like a sweetheart with a power curve wide as oprahs ***:eek:

Gus

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I still get a kick out of the 155'' track:D. That thing will be a rocket for sure:eek:. When I bought my Cat it had a 153'' and I found out real quick it wasn't enough track for me. The Holz skid and all the other goodies should make it a tough competitor if the skis ever stay close to the ground. It's a handfull to ride these on the rear bumper.

Dave Halverson

ya should be great i have the 155 2.5 track and the holtz skid on already

iT will be fun:D

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Dave, please keep me posted through PMs. I have a line on something that may turn out well, so I am still interested. Need to come up with a deposit as discussed.

Could you refresh my memory as to what I'll need at 8500' and up. Thanks

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Shoot me a pm and refresh my memory on what kit you were looking at. I was getting so many pm's I had to delete some and yours got dumped:(.

Dave Halverson

Dave, please keep me posted through PMs. I have a line on something that may turn out well, so I am still interested. Need to come up with a deposit as discussed.

Could you refresh my memory as to what I'll need at 8500' and up. Thanks

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
replacing pistons

Dave if a guy was going to put a fesh set of pistons and rings in before installing the turbo should i use stock or is there a better aftermarket choice?
thanks

(hopefully be sending money soon for BOOST!!!)

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The stock pistons are the only ones I have used in the turboed XP's, so I would have to recommend those. They have been holding up fine even when we get greedy with boost:D:D. The 600 HO big bored turboed Rev we have uses Wiseco pistons. That engine has been through hell and it finally needs a rebuild on the top end after two years of heavy abuse. For the XP I would stick with stock pistons.

Dave Halverson

Dave if a guy was going to put a fesh set of pistons and rings in before installing the turbo should i use stock or is there a better aftermarket choice?
thanks

(hopefully be sending money soon for BOOST!!!)

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Two more questions for you Dave, do you have to cut and weld the stock pipe to a flange? Also what are your thoughts of ceramic coating the stock pipe? Also whats the best way to pay you? I guess thats three questions. Mise well get on it while the dollar is good

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I'm guessing you are in Canada? Can you tell me your name? Either post it or pm me. I have been e-mailing with 2 others from Canada.

The thing I wanted to accomplish with this kit was have very few modifications to the stock components. We provide the adapter that goes from the stock pipe to the turbo--no modification. I ceramic coat everything I can. My Cat is all coated. The pictures show the turbine side of the turbo ceramic coated. I will ceramic coat the Y-pipe, pipe, the turbo adapter pipe and turbo exhaust pipe when it's all done. I like the idea of keeping the heat inside the turbine housing to build power and they rust so fast if you don't spray them down.

I can do Pay-Pal through my personal account. I think the fees are 3% through the personal account. I need to check the fees if I setup a business account. You can mail cashiers check or money order too if you like.

Dave Halverson

Two more questions for you Dave, do you have to cut and weld the stock pipe to a flange? Also what are your thoughts of ceramic coating the stock pipe? Also whats the best way to pay you? I guess thats three questions. Mise well get on it while the dollar is good

Premium Features