• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why we ride/Stuff you never hear about...the real heros!!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Was up in Revy this last weekend, and met tons of great peeps!!! had a killer time meeting new folk and seeing old friends...Took our kids riding one day, and had an awesome time...

the one thing that stands out to me though is something that happened in the parking lot..

Met Randy Swenson, and chatted about his sled (propane turbo) and he shared what he was doing up there...I thought i was being a good dad taking my kids out...then was humbled by learning what Randy and crew were doing...I will take note for future!!!

Anyway, we have all heard of therapeutic riding with horses, etc. Well, for the last several years, Randy and a few others have been taking handicapped children out riding and dedicating their time, money, and energy to ensuring these children and families are cared for and that their children get to experience what we find such great joy in...

Randy,

thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for being a servant!!! people like you are the reason sledders are the best people on the planet!!!

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
When a person looks around its amazing how many people you catch dedicating their time and resoures so unselfishly.

R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
I new I liked the guy the first time I and Bad Cheetah meet him up on the Mountain with Cpt Ron.Cheers on you Randy.Red Dog.:D

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
A little info for everyone.

The Liam Sleigh Ride for kids is in it's third year. 4th next season.
Liam suffers with Dystonia. Like most young boys, he loves motorsports!!
I met Liam a few years ago at a snow show. It was his dream to ride in the mountains with Krazy Canadian and myself. Cal (family friend or Liams,and dedicated volunteer towards backcountry use) approached us to see how we could co-ordinate this. Since I work for Yamaha I arranged sleds for Liams family, Krazy showed up with his wife and daughter, the SRS and Revelstoke Snowmobile club groomed the trail perfectly, Herbie cooked the amazing hot lunch, Powder Puff, Ron and Hans came for a ride, and the kids got to experience what we all take for granted on a daily basis.
This year we added 2 other amazing kids. Drew and Bronson who are also chair bound, doubled up Boulder for their first snowmobile trip ever. They loved it!!
Fantastic day on the mountain and I'd do it any day of the week for these incredible little dudes.
My 2 boys also had a great time and loved showing the boys the outdoors.
Liam, Drew and Bronson..... Can hardly wait for next year!!

Special thanks to all involved.
Yamaha Motor Canada
Cal Racach and family
Francis Famjly
Brendan Keys and Meagan
Krazy Canadian and Family
Hans Michel and Maria
Kathy Burke
Ron Laroy
Tom Dickinson
Herb Shadie
SRS for the trail passes and grooming
Lloyd/Carla Sonnenberg
My boys Rhys and Brenan

Pictures to follow.
Cheers
RS

liam ride6.jpg liam ride2.jpg liam ride 3.jpg liam ride 5.jpg

Last edited:
E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
What a great story and effort by all involved. No doubt good Karma will find you all soon. I would be glad to help or donate to this effort if there is ever a need I can fill. You are great examples of servant leadership. Congrats. EW

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
Good read. From what i've read on here over the last couple of years, you sound like on hell of a person Randy

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Randy is one of the great ambasadors of our sport. I've never met him. But I hope i get the privledge one day.

anyone who goes out of their way to spread a little bit of joy to those who could use some deserve everyones respect.

Thank you Climbmax.

J

jer

Feb 24, 2003
everett wa.
with the way the world is right now and all the bad news we always hear this really made me feel pretty good to here that there are some i guess you would call them "famous" in our eyes doing a selfless thing it really is'nt doing alot but it is changing a childs life

much respect from the jer clan:D

Premium Features