• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FS: Polarized Goggles and sunglasses

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Once you use a polarized lens you will never go back. Polarization removes glares.

If you click the picture above you should be all set up. 50%+ off of everything on the site.

HaberVision also has the Haber Eliminator, new for this year. It is a battery powered fan that removes moisture and humidity from the goggle. Have you heard of that already? Well the Eliminator has a humidity sensor built into it so that it automatically turns itself on BEFORE you start to fog, and then back off when the fan is no longer needed. Capable of working on almost any goggle.

For those that wear glasses or contact be sure to take a look at the optical inserts. They are interchangeable into almost any brand of goggle. Cost is $25. You take them to your local optician and they fit the lens of your choice in.

For the month of November and up until December 25th 2008, anyone that makes a purchase I will either refund you $5 of your purchase (each goggle or glasses, sorry not valid on inserts) back to you through pay-pal, cash in person or my full profit (depends on purchase) to SAWS or any other Snowmobile equal access organization.

Anyone that is local I do have about 6 sets of goggles that I can demo out. Try before you ride/buy. Of course those that do not live close by, you can always buy the goggle/glasses you like and if you are not 100% satisfied with the fit, quality, or lens, return them for a 100% purchase refund or exchange. (within 10 days of purchase, must be in original new/sale-able condition)

PM me for any questions.

Pricing: Goggles run anywhere from $60-$75. Try to find another polarized goggle in that range. Last time I checked Oakley Polarized run $180. Smith Polarized is about $150

If you need a prescription pair of glasses, Rx can be put into certain models direct from Haber. If you order Rx lenses you are NOT charged for the frame!!

To order, please follow the link by clicking on the photos. If you access the website without going through those links please type in "powderhound" for the affinity member code. I will not get credit for this sale if you don't and therefor I cannot give you the discount or donate the profit to an access group.

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Take a look at the difference of polarization on water:
rivercomparison.jpg

My favorite goggles/lenses so far are the
Prima with Optic Orange Base
and
Highline Vermillion with Gun flash

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Will that fan get in the way and not seal against the helmet? Looks like a nice idea if it works.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Where is the fan vent ports?

Vents out the top. I don't see how it will interfere with a helmet.

The Haber Eliminator is only for sale for pre-order right now. It is shipping this month. The cost right now is $50, it will be $60 once they start shipping. Like all products if you don't like it once you receive it you are able to return it for a 100% full refund.

The unit is small and contained within the goggle. I will post more pics once I get my demo unit.

Snowest Article on HaberVision Goggles:
http://www.snowest.com/directory/newproducts.cfm?productID=137

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Do you have a better pic of how that eliminator mounts in the goggle

At this point no, because the Eliminator has not shipped. I promise as soon as I get mine, I will take a ton of photos. But be warned, the price will go up to $60 once they start shipping. If you are even thinking about it, order one now, save yourself $10. If you do not like how it mounts or functions when you get it, send it back for a 100% refund!

They will start shipping at the end of November.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
There is free shipping until December 1, 2008.

Follow the links above or click here:
http://www.habervision.com/CodeResult.aspx?code=powderhound

At checkout type in promo code "EARLYSVG8" (remember this is not the affinity code, but the PROMO Code)

If you are asked for the Affinity code type in "powderhound". As long as you follow the links on this page that should not be a problem.

PM any questions.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Take a look at the difference of polarization on water:
rivercomparison.jpg

My favorite goggles/lenses so far are the
Prima with Optic Orange Base
and
Highline Vermillion with Gun flash

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here but I did some research when shopping for goggles and was was trying to decide if I wanted polarized or not (I have polarized glasses for boating and they are great) and they are quite dark and low contrast for snow... just an fyi...

found this clip that may help understand

"Polarized lenses do not provide universal protection from glare, however. If the wearer tilts his head past 45 degrees or so, some of the horizontal light can enter and cause some bright spots. Some wearers who use polarized lenses in snowy areas may find that they lose some contrast between snow and shadows. Fishermen and drivers seem to derive the most benefit from polarized lenses because they deal with mostly horizontal surfaces. A fishermen wearing polarized sunglasses can see below the surface of the water to search for schools of fish or hidden obstacles. Drivers are no longer affected by a constant reflection of light from their hoods or the road ahead."

Hope this helps someone tring to decide on a lens choice. Cheers,

Bud

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
That is not 100% true. Contrast can be made up for with the proper lense color selection. Polarization removes light from areas that you are not focusing on.
Reflect_Glare.gif

More specifically, glare comes in many forms and they all can be uncomfortable and performance compromising. We deal with three types of glare; direct, reflected and redirected. Direct glare is visible light rays coming directly from the sun. Reflected glare can come from light rays bouncing of flat surfaces such as roads, water, snow, or in the case of redirected rays, they can be reflected from your face, the back of your glasses or side surfaces.

At Haber, we reduce the effects of glare with color densities and reflective mirror coatings, polarizing filters and anti-reflective coatings.

Color densities reduce glare and filter unwanted color spectrums that compromise performance. Mirrors reflect visible light and further reduce the effect of glare.

Polarizing filters effectively reduce/eliminate reflected glare and increase visual acuity and perception.
Anti reflective coatings allow redirected bounce back glare to pass through the lens reducing annoying reflections in the lens.

Here is the Article Bud is refrencing.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-polarized-lenses.htm
It is from a general information site not from a site that specializes in light and vision.

Vision site:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/sunglasses/polarized.htm

Besides boaters, outdoor enthusiasts who benefit the most from polarized sunglasses include skiers, bikers, golfers, and joggers, who enjoy a clearer view along with elimination of glare.

These sunglasses can be used for driving and, in fact, can reduce glare from a long, flat surface such as the hood of the car or the road's surface.

In short, you do not get as large of benefits of polarization from snow as you do water, but there are still plenty of gains to be had. World Cup Skiers have been using polarization for years.

Also anyone that is in my area is MORE than welcome to try any of the goggles I have before they buy them. If you are not near me, feel free to order them, give them a shot and if you are not 100% satisfied you will get a full refund. The return process must be started in 10 days after receiving and they must be in salable condition.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
For the Holidays, anyone that buys glasses or goggles you can contact Habervision by January 5, 2009 to get an exchange or refund. So go ahead and buy them as gifts, the recipient can exchange them for another lenses, color, frame or complete refund if they don't work out.
:beer;:beer;

Edit... We also have gift certificates if you are really unsure.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Today only you can get an additional 15% off by using affinity Code:
"Powderhound" and then coupon code "SUPER15" at checkout.

This is off your ENTIRE order.

IF you have been thinking about buying, now is the time.

For those interested in saving even more buy goggles and the Haber Eliminator together for an addition $18 off, then combined this coupon on top and you are looking to save some serious money.

Combo Deals

Premium Features