• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Concept 36 inch Front End - A-arms Only

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I made the mistake of riding a 2019 with the React 36" front end. Wow that thing tipped in and side hilled easy. Which made me search out what was available for my 2018.

I choose the Skinz Concept 36" front end with A-arms only. BURANDT A-ARMS 36" AXYS FLAT BLACK S/M
Brand Number: BPFS225-FBK

I was able to use my stock spindles and stock Walker Evans piggy back shocks.

Wow what a difference. The lower arms are High Clearance which should cut down on hitting things. Also the geometry is corrected. So on a Axys chassis where the A-arms connect to bulkhead the bulkhead is on an angle. So if you were to buy or use a different brand that doesn't correct the geometry as the A-arms get shorter so does the Wheelbase (distance from the spindle to track). The Skinz kit keeps the wheelbase the same as stock.

Boy does my sled tip in easy now. I can sidehill much easier as well. I wonder why I didn't do this back in 2016 when the Axys came out.

Contact me if you are interested in one of these kits.
3572602cfde092b1ed620be4c0b629e5.jpg
e40f44e76896713ac02efc74bfb17b34.jpg
09833bf1b5901da8ee1a4539c33f3da5.jpg

Last edited:

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I am interested. Pm me. I have the true clearance by ALT impact on my 18 and love it so much going to order another for my 2016. Interested in price on this.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I wish they made those high clearance lower arms for stock replacement width. I like my 37 stance with ZRP offset spindles.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
These a arms in the middle setting with stock spindles would be 37???

You are correct but I don't want to spend $750 when I just need lower arms. The Skinz stock replacement arms are not high clearance like the 36's. Plus I like my ZRP spindles, don't want to go back to stock spindles.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
You are correct but I don't want to spend $750 when I just need lower arms. The Skinz stock replacement arms are not high clearance like the 36's. Plus I like my ZRP spindles, don't want to go back to stock spindles.

When looking at those the problem I had the spindle is not further out so can snag ground quicker when steep side hill. I wanted a true 36" front end to get my closer to the the 19 react.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI

ZRP makes non offset spindles... thats what i run with my 37" raptor a arms.

When looking at those the problem I had the spindle is not further out so can snag ground quicker when steep side hill. I wanted a true 36" front end to get my closer to the the 19 react.

X2...

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
PM me a price on this kit as well.

Thanks!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Do you or is it recommended to go with a shorter shock?

This front end is designed to go with the stock 16-18 length shocks. It is Skinz most popular front suspension.

The only option right now for the React length shocks is the Burandt Free Flo. The Free Flo is available with different lowers for the react length shocks or the 16-18 length shocks. Free Flo comes with spindles and carbon tie rods. Also Free Flo works with or without sway bar. It’s s pretty trick front, that handles amazing.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The Skinz products are great.
You can also purchase a complete REACT front end from Polaris for your AXYS.

Attachments

• 6ACF81F1-82E7-4EC8-92AC-3EEB5F081138.jpeg
    6ACF81F1-82E7-4EC8-92AC-3EEB5F081138.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 192

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The Skinz products are great.
You can also purchase a complete REACT front end from Polaris for your AXYS.

Nice, You would still need to carry extra A-arms with that kit. The Skinz kit has stronger A-Arms. I've taken some pretty good hits with no issues to A-arms or chassis.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Nice, You would still need to carry extra A-arms with that kit. The Skinz kit has stronger A-Arms. I've taken some pretty good hits with no issues to A-arms or chassis.

So, if you do bend a Skinz lower, what is the turn-around time for a replacement? I bet you’d have a better chance of going to the local dealer to get a stock replacement to get you back onto the snow the same day. I’ve had to replaced my Skinz bumper, it took months to get that. Which should be stocked and ready to ship, you’d think.

You can not guarantee that a Skinz front end won’t bend. All it takes is a hidden stump to take out the lower. Yeah, I do know, happened this year to me to a stocker. Where I hit it, inner side, I don’t think any front end would have survived.

Do the Skinz have a joint to break, like some others, to get you back onto the snow right away if you’d have a replacement joint ready? Just want to see if it could cost ya days/weeks/months of riding if something does happen. That’s my concern.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Stocking can vary with any company. TYPICALLY Skinz makes their products in a run for the year. If we have broke something they have been very good about making replacements in a quick amount of time. Jake has always made it a priority to keep us on the snow.

That being said, if you are concerned about replacement a-arms with ANY company(including stock), I would carry spares in the truck/trailer. I purchased my current Axys used with another brand of a-arms. Had my throttle stick and damage a lower. It took me two weeks just to get a return phone call from that company.

My experience is the heims that come with the arms bend before the arm breaks/bends. We have also messed with some aluminum heims. I carry a couple on my sled. That said I do not believe rod ends are a good weak point because it's hard to control the outcome under impact. Every arm has a different weak point, but even then, every impact is different so its impossible to know how it will fail. There is a really fine line and with the way we ride in the backcountry it's better to build an arm that will predictably bend.

G
Mar 18, 2018
Calgary
I just ordered the b-pwr A arms Model PLSK-36-38. They are supposed to be a replica of the react front end. The idea being that if you damaged an arm while on a trip or in a hurry, you could go to a local Polaris dealer and bolt on a stock 2019 a arm and be back on the snow. Kinda the best of both worlds I fingered.
Really excited to get them on and try it out. (I also have offset spindles so I'm going to experiment with different widths)

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I just ordered the b-pwr A arms Model PLSK-36-38. They are supposed to be a replica of the react front end. The idea being that if you damaged an arm while on a trip or in a hurry, you could go to a local Polaris dealer and bolt on a stock 2019 a arm and be back on the snow. Kinda the best of both worlds I fingered.

Really excited to get them on and try it out. (I also have offset spindles so I'm going to experiment with different widths)
I would run one side at 36 and the other at 39 if it meant to finish a trip :)

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
I just want to add that I have changed two upper arms on the Skinz this year, the lower are stronger than stock, but the upper is very weak, they come loose in the weld to the cylindric center piece.
I also broke one upper bolt, the one that connects to spindel from top.
On the other hand I had to replace one lower Polaris standard arm when waiting on Skinz spares....
Perhaps better to stay in the garage...

Premium Features