• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Drive "Zip Tie" method

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That was the method I used until, I had to do it in the backcountry. Cold kept snapping zip ties. We got it to work, when I got home I ordered the Happy Face guides.

Use “frosty ties” rated for the cold.

The guides are nice even with good zip ties.

Best is the expanding aluminum spreader that allows you perfect alignment to the splines.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Isnt it great we now have 2 axys forums to post in now :) sure works great to post the same stuff in 2 places.

Weather rated zip ties with stainless steel locking tabs. great to have in your tool bag.
picture.php

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Use “frosty ties” rated for the cold.

The guides are nice even with good zip ties.

Best is the expanding aluminum spreader that allows you perfect alignment to the splines.

I will have to search for some ties like that. Be nice to have anyway.

A gentleman that stopped had a aluminum spreader style. It worked well... some reason the pulleys were off a bit. Took some rotation here and there....

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
when I swapped the pro ride gears I ended up installing the belt by hand only. Was alot easier than some make it looks like

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
when I swapped the pro ride gears I ended up installing the belt by hand only. Was alot easier than some make it looks like

Agreed. Its not that hard to do. A brand new belt is a little harder to install but still any easy job unless your one of those guys that have a "fist full of thumbs" ;)

Premium Features