• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ELECTRIC START QUESTION

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Re installing the electric start assembly on my wifes 12 PRO. She had surgery 7 weeks ago so gonna be taking it easy a while. There's the obvious red and black wires at the battery tray and then there's a small brown wire there as well. Don't know what it's for or which side it goes to. Can someone take a quick look and let me know haha thanks.

SOLVED: It goes to ground i figured thanks! Im having an issue with the starter itself though. It turns over and everthing but doesnt kick the bendix out onto the primary. Yet when i spin the bendix by hand it kicks out exactly as it should no restrictions. Battery is brand nee as well! Thoughts

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
My 2015 e-start 800 Pro is out in the shop, if you haven't figured it out yet I will snap a pic for you later this afternoon.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
got to messing with my broken throttle block and forgot to look for you, if it is still an issue for you let me know (you can send a PM to remind me or reply to this thread and I should get notified)...

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
It goes to ground i figured thanks! Im having an issue with the starter itself though. It turns over and everthing but doesnt kick the bendix out onto the primary. Yet when i spin the bendix by hand it kicks out exactly as it should no restrictions. Battery is brand nee as well! Thoughts?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
It goes to ground i figured thanks! Im having an issue with the starter itself though. It turns over and everthing but doesnt kick the bendix out onto the primary. Yet when i spin the bendix by hand it kicks out exactly as it should no restrictions. Battery is brand nee as well! Thoughts?
Is it cold? Mine does this sometimes when it is pretty cold outside, so does my buddy's, so when it does we just pull start them first time, from then on they are fine due to heat coming off the engine etc.

Premium Features