• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha1 and superclamps tiedown system?

J
Jan 7, 2016
Hey any one have a quick and easy solution to the using the superclamps on the new Alpha skid yet? I was just going to use a block of wood on the track but figured Id see what others had come up with

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Hey any one have a quick and easy solution to the using the superclamps on the new Alpha skid yet? I was just going to use a block of wood on the track but figured Id see what others had come up with

I used a block of wood, worked great. Obviously not as secure but kept the rear of the sled from moving around.

I’m curious to see if superclamps or someone else comes up with an adaptor.

Last edited:

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
As much as I like to modify stuff. I didn't want to lose the functionality of the clamp., if I needed to use it on a normal skid. This works great! Holds it very securely.

IMG_3918.jpeg IMG_3915.jpeg

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
I just use a 2x2 block of wood. It fits perfectly on the track and holds the rear down well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killergiller

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
Northern CA
As much as I like to modify stuff. I didn't want to lose the functionality of the clamp., if I needed to use it on a normal skid. This works great! Holds it very securely.

What are the dimensions of your wood, that is a great solution.

BTW, I spoke with Superclamp and they are looking at developing an adapter but are waiting to see how sales are going to go for the concept of the Alpha...I say they should crank them out B/C it flat works and nobody I know or have read has negatives about it...

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
What are the dimensions of your wood, that is a great solution.

BTW, I spoke with Superclamp and they are looking at developing an adapter but are waiting to see how sales are going to go for the concept of the Alpha...I say they should crank them out B/C it flat works and nobody I know or have read has negatives about it...

It is definitely here to stay. Once the few minor production issues are worked out everyone is going to want one. I have heard of one person riding it and not liking it. They work at a Polaris dealership their livelihood depends on Polaris sales. I get it and there are definitely still some issues cat could fix but those are acrossed the lineup not specific to the Alpha. Everyone else is pretty stoked on them.

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
w
We always tie sleds. On bad roads they move around if the trailer is not heavily loaded. If you ever do a panic stop or have an off road event the sleds stay apart. A friend had an enclosed trailer tip over right on the road in a severe crosswind outside Cook and had the skis secured. Sleds sustained some damage, but were all ride able. Saved their vacation.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Ya that's one of the dumber questions I've heard on here lately .......

Hahahaha.
Well I have NEVER tied down a sled in the last 7 years of riding. NONE of my riding buddies either. Ever. That’s a LOT of miles and a lot of sleds and trailers. That’s one reason I have an enclosed, super quick and easy. Ride them in. Set the parking brake and go. I mean how rough a road are we talking lol?

I especially love the skid clamp. I mean if you are paranoid enough to lock the skis down do you really think it’s necessary to lock the skid TOO??? People seem to buy anything that anyone will make for a sled or sledding tho.

killergiller

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
Northern CA

MM,
I want to come visit where you live, B/C you are correct in that if it was just up to me and my driving I would have no problem with not securing them in the back of an enclosed trailer and in fact have done so for some 35 years....until I had some clueless Ahole who was undoubtedly on their cell phone pull out in front of me and the sleds both came through the front of the trailer....

To not secure is a personal choice and I cannot besiege anyone for not doing it, much like the debate of carrying you stuff on your sled vs on your person....

We use both a sled deck and an enclosed trailer, and it is so easy to put on the superclamp you cannot believe it...probably on 15-20 seconds more than applying your parking brake. Certainly wouldn't travel without it on the sled deck and installing the brackets in the trailer makes it just as easy, and gives good peace of mind.

Good luck and stay safe.

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Interesting topic. I saw a pic of an upside down enclosed once and all the sleds were suspended from the floor totally unharmed. Not having the sleds tied down works great....until that one time that it doesn't. But that's a risk each of us has to decide if we're willing to take. I guess its sort of like buying insurance, we buy insurance betting that something might happen and we'll get our money back, while the insurance company sells us insurance betting that nothing will happen and they get to keep our money.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
It’s hard for me to believe that the Superclamps would hold a sled in a head on collision that was hard enough that your sled came through the front of a trailer? They are mainly plastic. You better have that eye bolt that goes thru the floor mounted into the frame of the trailer to or it’s just going to rip out. I have a set I use in a Top Cap because its really tight in there and I don’t want the sleds to rub on the front of the trailer but if I hit something hard or go off the road I have ZERO confidence the sleds are staying put on what’s left of the trailer.
I made this argument a couple of years ago and the guy who made the Superclamps about had a heart attack lol. At least this time you are all polite except the guy who said I asked stupid questions lol.

Brent7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2017
La Grande, Or.
It’s hard for me to believe that the Superclamps would hold a sled in a head on collision that was hard enough that your sled came through the front of a trailer? They are mainly plastic. You better have that eye bolt that goes thru the floor mounted into the frame of the trailer to or it’s just going to rip out. I have a set I use in a Top Cap because its really tight in there and I don’t want the sleds to rub on the front of the trailer but if I hit something hard or go off the road I have ZERO confidence the sleds are staying put on what’s left of the trailer.
I made this argument a couple of years ago and the guy who made the Superclamps about had a heart attack lol. At least this time you are all polite except the guy who said I asked stupid questions lol.

I remember reading that thread. Guy was being unprofessional for sure to people that may be future customers. I know after reading it I'll never buy superclamps. I do however use sled locxx on my flatbed. Not in the enclosed though

Premium Features