• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody running a finger throttle yet?

B
Nov 12, 2018
I am kinda interested in swapping my throttle around on my alpha just to see what it's all about. Is there anyone who has experience with the munster finger throttle on a 2019?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I have one on my Alpha and I love it. It feels much better than the stock throttle and with the guard I have no worries about hitting something or having trees, etc. interfere with it. Trail riding feels like you are riding a bike with hangers, but when you are standing it feels natural.

D
Jul 27, 2014
Alberta
Have had on my last two sleds, helps with grip because it lets you wrap your thumb around the bar instead of leaving your hand open. I really like it because I have short fingers haha. Takes a good day to get used to it and you will be sore for a few rides bc you’re using different muscles but once you’re used to it I feel it helps in technical riding. And worst case Ontario, all you have to do is flip it back around to normal if ou don’t like it

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
Make sure you get the guard. If not they go thru throttle cables like crazy. The guard helps support the cable and they last a lot longer.

RyanD121

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2011
Grand Junction, CO
Have one on both my supercharged Alpha and on my ProClimb. Way easier to hold on to the bars. I have a lot more control with the finger throttle.

B
Nov 12, 2018
I think in a couple of weeks I might pick one up with a guard, this next day trip to the mountains I will flip the stock one over and see if I can get used to it.

GBrown

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Assuming you have to get the reverse and kill switches as well to make this setup work since the entire throttle block is being replaced??

GBrown

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
No, I kept everything else stock.

You have an Alfa right? I forgot they updated the hand controls on the 19's, I was thinking about on the 18's you would have to switch out the reverse and kill switch as well because they are all part of the throttle block.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Yes I have an Alpha, and I did not switch anything out. Reverse is on the break/light controls/dash selector assembly, the kill switch is its own buttom.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
What I did have to do was wire in a new connector for the throttle warmer. I ordered the kit for an 18 and the 19 connector is different.

RyanD121

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2011
Grand Junction, CO
If anyone with a 2018 sled wants a Munster finger throttle, I have a brand new one, still in original package for sale. I mistakingly ordered the wrong one (pn: FTY02B) for my Alpha. New they're $143.10 USD, I'll sell mine for $130.00+shipping. Again, the one I'm selling is pn:FTY02B for up to 2018 sleds. The 2019's use a different part number.

Premium Features