• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blew my chaincase already

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah I'm worried about the track shaft. The aluminum scratched pretty easy on the spline ends when I was putting it back in. It is really light compared to the steel shaft though.

I didn't see the rock but I was only going 6500rpm through the pow when I hit it, so it's not like my skis were in the air or anything. I think it was just a fluke type hit in early season pow with no real base.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
I have a cat skid plate installed on my 18' mc, easy to install and create a great protection. But a found a mistake for rear attachement on both side of tunnel, where brake and chaincase are. we need to drill a rivet and redrill bigger to put a bolt but it's between twin wall tunnel, so we cannot put a nut, i put a bigger rivet.

I noticed the same problem, the directions suck, i wont drill out that rivet, im just gonna drill a different hole outside of the twin wall void....instructions are outdated, useless and not applicable to 2018 Mseries 8000

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I noticed the same problem, the directions suck, i wont drill out that rivet, im just gonna drill a different hole outside of the twin wall void....instructions are outdated, useless and not applicable to 2018 Mseries 8000

Not surprised their instructions are outdated, falls right in line with
their website, marketing, etc.....

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Red star said December on the mountain pickle. I like the idea of remove and replace, not cover up myself. the skid looks good though. should mount it up and get a clearance measurement to the ground, as well as the racinstation one. clearance is key imo.
cats have always been low slung in this area.

I have a skid plate coming - I don't suppose it will fit over the mountain pickle??? Double protection would be nice.

S
Nov 5, 2014
Heard a rumor that Yamaha has a set of replacement metal chain and break protectors, has anyone been able to find the part #?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We had a small hiccup and there are a couple spots on the guards that need to be milled to fit correctly. I am finishing those up this week and I have a Cat plastic skid plate to test fit once we get that done.

Premium Features