• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Temp Light

F
Dec 28, 2008
Tisdale Saskatchewan
Put a new turbo section on my apex (alpine kit). Took it out for a test run. Sleds runs good. Rode it for 30 km then the temp light came on. Shut it off. Checked heat exchangers ( stock tunnel). Right side warm. Left side not as warm.The hoses going into aux rad considerably warmer than the exchanger. After 5 minutes started it , light was off. Drove it 5 minutes more , put it on the trailer, no light. Checked coolant this am , added a small amount to catch can, main tank right full. Took it out for another spin , 5 km the light is on. Shut it off for 5 minutes , light out head back home. Light on again , wait 5, light out. Drove it the km to the shop no light. I am thinking I don't have the cooling system bled properly?? Checked around the head looking for leaks. None I could see. Any thoughts? If it is a bleeding issue what is the proper procedure to bleed the cooling system?

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Probably air in cooling system. If it's the stock tunnel, raise back of sled and loosen bleeder screw at back of tunnel. Let sit for a day. Should be good.

Premium Features