• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T3 Drop brackets for non t3 sleds

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Like the title states, has anyone tried to install the T3 rear drop brackets and do a 1" skid relocate on a non t3 sled? the brackets are not that expensive from skidoo and it seems like it would make a difference on helping the sled tip over easier and get on top of the snow faster like the stock t3 sleds do. And yes, I'm aware of the shr kit.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
I did SHRs kit...I noticed an immediate difference in how it sat up on the snow and climbed in deep snow. About when i normally would expect to have to turn out of a climb, the sled stayed up on top and continued going for quite a bit longer. I was immediately impressed with the results.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Thanks for the feedback, not a ton of people have talked about the results of the shr kit. Seems like there are 3-4 people who have said they work better but not much else said about the kit he sells. I notice a big difference in how a t3 rolls over vs my 2015 xm 2.5" hoping I can get mine close with the relocate kit.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
I'll jump on the SHR bandwagon for the relocate. I had that done as well as his big bore kit. Don't get me wrong, I love the BB - but the T3 relocate is the more noticeable difference to me. I did not like the uncontrollable wheelie hill climbs on the stock 14XM of mine. The first time I rode my sled after SHR's upgrades I immediately noticed the sled staying down on the hill. Not only is it easier to control while climbing, but it climbs higher. It also does not trench. If I start to get stuck a simple tug on the ski and I am right up on top of the snow. Can't imagine the Doo kit is any different.

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
BIG! BIG! IMPROVEMENT!

Climbed like crazy, tips over better, doesn't trench. In my group we had 2-16's and 2-15's. Mind was the best of the bunch, all suspensions adjusted the same, we traded back and forth. they commented "I was cheating!"
Loved every minute of it!

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Have played with T3 location points on non T3 162/3 sleds and have put them side by side in the deep with T3 174, have also check degree of approach angle on all sleds in this group and the sled with the shallower approach will climb out of the deep soft snow faster than the steeper approach with far less trenching when comparing same length tracks.
The best combo has not been just installing T3
drop brackets on a non T3 chassis in the soft deep fluff that we have, this setup may work better in the more heavy dense snow.
these brackets will however improve the tippy feel with the raised center of gravity

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
I'll jump on the SHR bandwagon for the relocate. I had that done as well as his big bore kit. Don't get me wrong, I love the BB - but the T3 relocate is the more noticeable difference to me. I did not like the uncontrollable wheelie hill climbs on the stock 14XM of mine. The first time I rode my sled after SHR's upgrades I immediately noticed the sled staying down on the hill. Not only is it easier to control while climbing, but it climbs higher. It also does not trench. If I start to get stuck a simple tug on the ski and I am right up on top of the snow. Can't imagine the Doo kit is any different.

a couple hundred dollars worth of brackets is more of an improvement than a $3000 engine? im not sure how to interpret that.......

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
a couple hundred dollars worth of brackets is more of an improvement than a $3000 engine? im not sure how to interpret that.......

Having a couple big bores to ride and a turbo, I can see what he is saying. 872 I bought had wide front end, I hadn't set the rear skid up to my liking. The only thing I liked about riding it was the engine. Most of the time the extra power wasn't needed and the sled just wasn't that much fun to ride unless racing my buds. My turbo is the best overall suspension and chassis setup and likewise the most fun all the time even when not spooled up.

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
Just to clarify...T3 versus drop brackets

Are you guys running just the SHR drop and setback and seeing the improvement? Or are you doing this in conjunction with a T3 setup (i.e. R.A.S. 2 front end). I have run drops and skid setbacks on ZX and Revs, and have never gone back to stock or trenched afterwards.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Don't run the SHR kit as the rear brackets from my local dealer are $17.00 per side and I don't use the front T3 location on the non rolled chain case XM and XP.
I just relocate the front bracket.
I use this setup on the SC36 and the RAS2 front ends on both XP and XM.

P
Jan 17, 2008
Don't run the SHR kit as the rear brackets from my local dealer are $17.00 per side and I don't use the front T3 location on the non rolled chain case XM and XP.
I just relocate the front bracket.
I use this setup on the SC36 and the RAS2 front ends on both XP and XM.

Do you relocate the front mount, or leave it in the stock position?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
The SHR kit comes with new front inner brackets for the front mount, which matches the factory T-3 location as well as the T-3 rear brackets along with instructions and all necessary hardware.

If your sled is black, they will come powder coated.

This is a great kit with all of the necessary parts and hardware all in one package, shipped to your door.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
my kit comes complete/no measuring/tested and proven/all the right hardware and instructions...

SHR T3 kit, oil lite bushing, ex valve mod ALL help...

pretty good stuff NOBODY else does from a "parts changer" :face-icon-small-win-BJ

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
Do you relocate the front mount, or leave it in the stock position?

I ordered and installed the rear t3 brackets last year and modified the front support to relocate the front mount. There is a hole thats not drilled all the way through about 3/4" down and back of the front mount that I drilled and used for the front mount. First trip last year I tried a camoplast 15x156 X3 track without the t3 mounting and it was deffinetely an improvement over stock but a little dissapointing and still trenching. Installed the relocate for the next trip and it made as much if not more difference than the track by itself. It got up on top of the snow alot better and could go places easier than before. The front end was more planted but still had a light feel to it. I didnt notice a big difference handling wise but the 2 trips where over a month apart and both with over 4 ft of fresh snow. Sled is a 2013 XM 154 all stock except track and relocate and I would highly recommend doing the relocate

Premium Features