• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Response to news article.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Had this passed on to me. This is response to an article in the Nampa Press Tribune.

I like this guy's way of thinking.
=======================================================

Dear Editor:

In your March 5th paper, you reported that according to a recently released report done by a research, information and lobbying firm, Congressman Bill Sali has little influence in Congress; he ranked 423 out of 435. Let me see if I understand this, a first term, conservative Congressman from a small rural state who is a member of the minority party has little influence? Didn’t see that coming! Why would you expect anything else from an organization that is controlled by the majority party and based on seniority?

As I read the article, for our Congressman to increase his ranking he would have to introduce more legislation and sponsor more earmarks. That is just what we don’t need, more bad laws and more pork. I think Congressman Sali is doing a fine job representing the views of his constituents and if that means his ranking will be low, then I can live with that.

Sincerely,
Rob Gabby
Nampa, ID

Premium Features