• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help choosing gear for my wife!

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Hello,
I am trying to figure out who makes good ladies riding gear....My wife wants/ needs new riding gear. She discovered she loves to ride as much as I do so know I need to upgrade her for Christmas... I have been looking at the Divas, arctiva, and some klim. But What I need to know is Fitment.

we only have a Klim dealer here to reference as to size...

And also any personal Experince's with one brand over another? I like the Idea of supporting a company that Is geared towards bringing women into our wonderful sport so I am leaning towards Divas but want to get what will be the best for my wife.

So any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Damen

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Hello,
I am trying to figure out who makes good ladies riding gear....My wife wants/ needs new riding gear. She discovered she loves to ride as much as I do so know I need to upgrade her for Christmas... I have been looking at the Divas, arctiva, and some klim. But What I need to know is Fitment.

we only have a Klim dealer here to reference as to size...

And also any personal Experince's with one brand over another? I like the Idea of supporting a company that Is geared towards bringing women into our wonderful sport so I am leaning towards Divas but want to get what will be the best for my wife.

So any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Damen

Damen that is awesome that she is enjoying the sport. Wearing the right gear makes a HUGE difference :face-icon-small-hap

I love my Klim Alpine bibs! They keep me dry and warm! They move freely which is important to me. I have the Allure gloves for woman they are GREAT! I will buy a pair of Inversion pro gloves as soon as they are in stock again. My Klim Adrenaline boots have done great. I just bought a new Klim base layer, the Solstice pant and shirt. :thumb: I can tell I am really going to like them. I am really liking my Tomahawk Parka as well. The "Klim" sock is my favorite! :face-icon-small-win

My experience is not as great as some of the other awesome ladies on this forum because I am still a newbie myself. I started riding in Feb 2011 but from recent experience, I can tell you that good gear no matter which brand you choose is crucial to be comfortable and warm. Hope that helps a little!

:smow:

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
There are a few options. Some gear is insulated, as is the Divas, and for me I prefer uninsulated, as I believe through the technology of your base and mid layers, warmth and comfort are guaranteed.
I wear Motorfist. Motorfist's Contessa line is new on the market. The sizing is a bit small, so you may have to go a size up from normal for her to be comfy. eVent technology is a waterproof and breathable membrane that keeps you warm and dry. I

wear the hydrophobic fleece midlayer, and their cocona fabric base layer. My boots are Contessa again with the same technology.

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
There are a few options. Some gear is insulated, as is the Divas, and for me I prefer uninsulated, as I believe through the technology of your base and mid layers, warmth and comfort are guaranteed.
I wear Motorfist. Motorfist's Contessa line is new on the market. The sizing is a bit small, so you may have to go a size up from normal for her to be comfy. eVent technology is a waterproof and breathable membrane that keeps you warm and dry. I

wear the hydrophobic fleece midlayer, and their cocona fabric base layer. My boots are Contessa again with the same technology.

Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 217.jpg

Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 291.jpg

Mommas New Get up Motorfist! 375.jpg

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Thanks ladies! I think I have narrowed it down but any other suggestions would be great.

Next I get to find gear for my daughter, as she informed me that she wants her own snowmobile now:face-icon-small-hap So needless to say this guy is happy:face-icon-small-ton :whoo:

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
And at momma. I loved both your articles! I am a proud powersports parent. And my wife was one of the taboo'd prego riders once upon a time! thanks for the write ups!

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
For the past 2 seasons I went with the Plum Alpine Parka and the Alpine pants to match and LOVED THEM!
Buuuutttt......
FXR came out with some b****in' colors and great reviews so I am trying them out and am IN LOVE! I'm rocking the Vertical Pro Fuschia Illusion coat and have decided to do the pants to match. The inner liner is a little too much for me, so I have been running just the shell and am warm and dry! This is the first year I've thought about running a hood, and am wishing I would of done it sooner. Great little feature when I have a beanie on to flip the hood up and keeps everything dry!!

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Hey ladies! I ended up getting the wife a HJC jacket and arctiva bibs and gloves. Thanks again for your help! and hope all of you much pow this winter

Premium Features