• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok building an MCX Viper 174 who has specs?

B
Dec 18, 2007
So ordered a Viper XTX and going to do my best to make it better than my Nytro 174 MCX ( best sled I've own'd). I've spent quite a bit of time on this chassis as there is a boosted M8 in our group and it felt pretty good. I am wondering on a couple specs that will help get me headed in the right direction turning this crossover in to a true mountain machine. First I have heard rumours that the chain case received upgraded guts from cats spec last year, namely machined gears and a manual tensioner. Can anyone confirm this and better yet any idea what gear ratio this thing has? How many teeth are the drivers? Will I have to swap shocks if I switch to the Pro Climb narrower A arms? Some of these questions are probably better suited for the cat threads and some may not be able to be answered until the production units show up. Any insight will be much appreciated!

LL

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Not sure on the gear ratio yet, but the 141" sleds come with 8 tooth 3" pitch extrovert drivers. These are the same drivers as what Cat uses on Proclimbs with the 2.6" powerclaw tracks.

The 38" front end kit from Cat comes with spacers that you install in the shocks to reduce they're length. They are designed to convert a 40" front end to a 38". The Viper/XF7000 uses a 42" front end and I have heard reports of guys using the spacers for 42" to 38" conversions without issues. So I'm going to give it a try on my XF7000 to see how it works!

Bill

Premium Features