• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro,xp, and nytro

S
Jan 17, 2010
My question is how does a turbo nytro do in compared to a 2011 Turbo pro (silber) 12lbs of boost or an xp 860 with a 66 aerocharger?

I have ridden the xp/pro but have never the nytro, I am contemplating the nytro but wonder if i would be better off going trying to go with pro just because of the way it handles. ( riding trees boondocking etc)

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
For boondocking & tree riding you must have the plus 3 narrow front end to make them work right.

My MCX 270 Nytro pulls twice as hard as my buddies HM Turbo Pro. He said it pulls soo hard that he's got a very hard time controlling the power/sled. Biggest difference is I'm 6ft 240 & he's 5-10 175.

Facts are there is NO 2 stroke that pulls harder than a boosted Nytro. It just matters if your MAN enough to handle it!!

All BS aside the turbo pro would be my next chose for a boosted sled if I didn't ride a Nytro. Hope this helps

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
so i am one of those guys who cant knock it untill i have tryed it.
so i sold the 2012 silber boosted pro 10lbs boost.. loved it except the fuel controller and having to d!$k with it all the time.
so i bought me a 2009 mcx press 270 nytro installed a z broz narrow and 3'' back front end. sled also had a timbersled skid and steering post relocation kit. they guy i got it from put a mountain mod seat on it. so i turfed that pig and put on a skins air frame seat. also had cr tunnel.so everything was done to make her a boondocking machine. well long story short i sold that big girl so i could ride my wifes 2013 stock rmk pro for the rest of the season.

i rode that yammi in 6'' of snow handles like a whale. rode her in 4+ feet and handled like a boat. but man could it go UP anything no prob. no messing around with a fuel box just go. i rode her for about 500 miles in sicamous revy area before selling it and puting another 800 miles on the old ladys sled

the rmk pro is just so much better at tight trees and creek draws. so next season the 2013 will most likley get a new silber kit.
hope this helps.
i also rode a 2013 xm 163 last season for 200 miles and i would have snochecked one because it handles justa as good as the pro just way more power stock.

S
Jan 17, 2010

Yes, thanks guys thats what I'm wondering, I Have rode the two sleds above... and am currently on a m8. but just wondered if going this route would not be quite what I was looking for without mods to the chassis to make it handle "better"etc... Thanks.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
It comes down to 100% rider preference. The only type of riding I don't like my Nytro would be SUPER tight trees & skinny creek draws this only accounts for less than 10% of my riding. Other than that you couldn't give me another sled. I'd never trade 90% of being the best machine to fix something I do less than 10% of the year. Just my .02

partsman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver B.C.
I am with yamasexual I would not trade the turbo nytro for any 2 stroke.With a racers edge rear skid and zbros +3 front this is the best sled I have had so far.

T

TApeX_07

I wouldnt trade mine either, but I sure would like to have a Pro in the trailer for those tight tree/creek running days. I know where the Nytro really shines and its not there in comparison imo. Ive riden all the machines listed in the trees/creeks in Cooke and its just tough to do the same things on the Nytro.. Not impossible, but just tougher..

Premium Features